SCHENECTADY, N.Y. - The #8 University of Maine men's hockey team topped the Union Garnet Chargers, 3-1, on Wednesday night at Messa Rink.
Felix Trudeau put the Black Bears on the board less than three minutes into the contest and then Harrison Scott made it 2-0 heading into the first intermission. After a scoreless second period, Union pulled a goal back on a John Prokop power-play goal. The Garnet Chargers pulled the goaltender with just over two minutes to go but Josh Nadeau scored the empty-net goal to seal the 3-1 win.
#8 Maine 3, Union 1
Dec. 6, 2023 | Schenectady, N.Y.
Messa Rink at Achilles Center
- Maine had the 24-23 edge in shots on goal.
- Union went 1-for-5 on the power play while Maine was 0-for-2.
- Victor Ostman made 22 saves to move to 8-3-1 on the year ... Kyle Chauvette finished with 22 saves for Union.
- Maine is now 9-5-2 in the all-time series with Union.
- This marked the third time this season that Maine scored two goals in the first period.
- Felix Trudeau potted his second goal of the year ... it was the second time this season that Trudeau has scored the game's first goal.
- Harrison Scott scored his second goal of the season ... it was his second career game-winning goal and first as a Black Bear.
- Scott finished the night with a game-high 11 face-off wins and tied for the night's lead in shots on goal with five.
- Josh Nadeau extended his point streak to nine games with his goal ... Bradly Nadeau extended his point streak to six games with an assist, while Lynden Breen has now earned a point in four straight contests.
- The Black Bears return to the state of Maine to host Bentley on Saturday, Dec. 9 at Cross Insurance Arena in Portland.
- Maine will then not play again until the end of December at the Ledyard Bank Classic, hosted by Dartmouth ... the Black Bears face RIT in the first round at 4 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 29 and then will meet the winner of Lake Superior State/Dartmouth on Saturday, Dec. 30.