BOSTON, Mass. - Each with two points tonight, sophomore Jack Hughes (1g, 1a) and graduate student Jakov Novak (2a) helped lead the No. 15/14 Northeastern Huskies to a 4-0 shutout over UMass on Saturday night.
- With his sixth goal of the season, freshman Jack Williams put the Huskies up, 1-0, with 6:41 remaining in the first period. Williams, alongside Novak, forced a turnover at the blueline, setting up Williams for a breakaway to net the short-handed goal.
- The name of the game was Jack tonight as Jack Hughes extended the Huskies lead, 2-0, at the 8:19 mark in the second period. Novak, with his second of the night, and senior Riley Hughes collected assists on the goal.
- One goal was not enough in the second period for Northeastern. With the man advantage, Jack Hughes dumped the puck to the redline for junior Sam Colangelo who buried his own rebound for his ninth of the season. Adding the second helper was sophomore Justin Hryckowian.
- At center ice, senior captain Aidan McDonough swiftly chipped the puck away from the UMass defenseman to lead junior Gunnarwolfe Fontaine for a one-on-one goal to give the Huskies a 4-0 advantage with 7:44 to play and secure the victory.
- In 60 minutes of action, junior Devon Levi tallied 32 saves for his sixth shutout of the season. Hryckowian tallied 11 faceoff wins to lead both teams, while freshman McDonald led the team with 5 blocks.
The Huskies return to action on Friday as they head to UMass Lowell to face the River Hawks. Gametime is set for 7:15 p.m. ET on ESPN+.