BURLINGTON, Vt. - With goals scored by three different skaters and a 42-save shutout from junior Devon Levi, the No. 16 Northeastern Men's Hockey team defeated Vermont, 3-0, on Saturday night.
- It wasn't until over the halfway point in the opening period that Northeastern took a 1-0 advantage over Vermont. Collecting the puck along the defensive zone boards, freshman Hunter McDonald sent the puck up the ice for senior Riley Hughes. With a 1v1 matchup, Hughes went upstairs and over the shoulder for his second goal of the season.
- With his third goal in as many games, sophomore Matt Choupani extended the Huskies lead to 2-0. Just inside the blueline, senior Jeremie Bucheler sent the puck to the net where Choupani was there for the quick redirect at the 5:51 mark in the second period. Freshman Cam Lund also tallied a helper.
- In the final three minutes of the game, Lund potted an empty-net goal to finalize the Huskies 3-0 victory over the Catamounts. Sophomore Justin Hryckowian and senior Aidan McDonough collected the assists on the goal.
- In 60 minutes of action, Levi tallied 42 saves for his fifth shutout of the season and second over the Catamounts.
- McDonald led the Huskies with three blocks and Hryckowian tallied ten faceoff wins.
Next weekend, the Huskies are set for a home-and-home with the University of Massachusetts-Amherst. Northeastern will head to Mullins Center on Friday evening (Feb. 24) before hosting the Minutemen at Matthews Arena on Saturday (Feb. 25).