BOSTON - Freshman forward Justin Hryckowian started the comeback with a goal, sophomore forward Gunnarwolfe Fontaine tied the game and junior defenseman Jayden Struble scored the game-winning goal to give No. 20 Northeastern men's hockey (5-3-0, 2-2-0 HEA) a 3-2 victory over Maine (0-5-0, 0-2-0 HEA).
- Hryckowian scored his goal with just over two minutes left to play in the second period to make it a one-goal game. It was his second of the year and assisted by sophomore forward Sam Colangelo (2) and junior defenseman Tyler Spott (2).
- Down 2-1 in the third, Fontaine took a rebound from sophomore forward Ty Jackson (6) and Jeremie Bucheler (3) and buried it to even the game, getting his first goal of the season.
- With a little over 10 minutes gone by in the period, Northeastern scored a third goal out of nowhere as Struble took a shot from the neutral zone that found its way into the top right corner of the net, giving the Huskies a 3-2 lead. It was his second goal from outside the Huskies' offensive zone this season and was assisted by Ty Jackson (7).
- With seven assists, Ty Jackson is now tied for ninth in Division I in assists this season and tied for second in Hockey East. He is also tied for first in conference assists with four of his seven coming in Hockey East games.
- Sophomore goaltender Devon Levi earned the win in net for the Huskies, making 19 saves.
- Northeastern outshot Maine 27-21 and won the faceoff battle 37-20.
- In their last 17 matchups with Maine, the Huskies have gone 15-2.
After sweeping the series over Maine, the Huskies will shift their attention to the Granite State as they play a home-and-home with New Hampshire next weekend. The Huskies travel to UNH on Friday, November 5 at 7 p.m. on NESN+ and will be back at Matthews Arena on Saturday, November 6 at 7:30 p.m. on College SportsLive.