NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. - The Merrimack men's hockey team was defeated by the Brown University Bears by a score of 6-2, Saturday night at J.Thom Lawler Rink.
Score: #8/8 Merrimack: 2 Brown: 6
Records: #8/8 Merrimack (14-6-1, 9-2-0) | Brown: (5-10-2, 1-7-2)
How It Happened
Brown did not take long to grab the first goal of the evening as they scored just 27 seconds into the game.
Both teams would trade powerplays but neither was able to break through on the man advantage in the first.
Brown would score their second goal of the first to extend the lead with under two minutes to play in the period.
In the second Brown would add a third early, but the Warriors would get on the board when Filip Forsmark answered the goal with one of his own.
With the Warriors on the powerplay, Brown would score twice shorthanded.
Brown would add their fourth of the period with just over five minutes to go.
Alex Jefferies would get the Warriors back on the score sheet with a shorthanded goal just 39 seconds gone in the third.
Merrimack would push but were unable to make more headway into the lead and the game finishes 6-2.
Notes & Numbers
- Filip Forsmark and Alex Jefferies both scored in the loss
- Ben Brar, Matt Copponi, Slava Demin, Christian Felton all had one assist each.
- Zachary Borgiel made 15 saves in relief.
- Power Plays: MC 0-2 | Brown 0-3
- Shots on Goal: MC 9, Brown 7 | MC 12, Brown 16 | MC 13, Brown 7 | MC 34, Brown 30
- Faceoffs: 31 MC | 23 Brown Blocks: 3 MC | 8 Brown
The Warriors stay home at Lawler Rink next week when they take on the Providence College Friars on the 13th and 14th of January.