BOSTON, Mass. - Behind two-point nights from graduate students Maureen Murphy and Alina Mueller, the No. 7 Northeastern women's hockey team defeated the Vermont Catamounts, 3-1, on Friday evening at Matthews Arena.
With her two points, Murphy recorded her 100th career point in a Husky uniform, becoming the 33rd player in program history to reach the milestone. Murphy reached 100 points in just 68 games with Northeastern.
- Graduate student Chloé Aurard potted the first goal of the game, putting the Huskies up 1-0 after her power-play tally in the opening frame. Murphy and Mueller were credited with the assists.
- After a scoreless second period, senior Peyton Anderson continued with her stellar form and put Northeastern up 2-0. Anderson stole the puck from Vermont and walked it in for an unassisted tally and eventual game-winner.
- The Catamounts were able to get one back at the 15:56 mark of the third period. However, once Vermont pulled its goaltender, Murphy iced the game with an empty-netter. Mueller and senior Megan Carter each recorded assists.
- Senior netminder Gwyneth Philips posted 18 saves in her 17th win of the season.
- Junior Abbey Marohn, Carter and Anderson all recorded three blocks to lead Northeastern.
The Huskies and Catamounts will close out their two-game series on Saturday, Dec. 3 at 4 p.m. on NESN+.