DURHAM, N.H. - Abby Newhook scored 44 seconds into overtime to push the Boston College women's hockey team to a 3-2 win over New Hampshire at the Whittemore Center.
The Eagles jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period thanks to goals from Gaby Roy and Kate Ham. The Wildcats clawed back into the game with an even-strength goal and an extra-attacker goal in the third period. Newhook, though, wristed home the game-winning goal to help the Eagles to the weekend sweep.
Boston College 3, New Hampshire 2 (OT)
Saturday, Nov. 19, 2022 | 2:00 p.m.
Whittemore Center | Durham, N.H.
- The Eagles had the 31-26 lead in shots on goal ... BC did not get a power-play opportunity while keeping UNH to 0-for-2.
- Boston College now holds an overall mark of 31-43-6 in the all-time series with New Hampshire ... the Eagles are 14-21-4 all-time against the Wildcats on the road ... head coach Katie Crowley is now 29-14-4 against UNH.
- Abigail Levy finished with 24 saves for Boston College.
- Abby Newhook scored the game-winning goal for the second consecutive game ... it was her eighth career game-winning goal.
- Hannah Bilka assisted on Newhook's game-winning goal for the second straight game ... it was her 11th career game-winning assist.
New Hampshire: 5-12-0, 4-10-0 HEA
Boston College: 8-7-1, 7-5-0 HEA
Boston College will host Harvard on Tuesday at 6 p.m. at Kelley Rink.