BOSTON -- With a four-point night and his first career hat trick, Justin Hryckowian led the No. 16 Northeastern Huskies to a 6-2 victory over the New Hampshire Wildcats on Friday night.
- Jeremie Bucheler kicked off scoring for the evening with his first goal of the season to give the Huskies a 1-0 midway through the opening period. Hunter McDonald and Riley Hughes were credited with the assists.
- Justin Hryckowian added back-to-back goals to extend Northeastern's lead, 3-0. With an assist on Hryckowian's opening goal of the middle frame, Cam Gaudette tallied his first point as a Husky.
- To close out scoring in the second period, Sam Colangelo, who recorded a three-point night, scored the Huskies fourth goal of the evening on a quick redirect in front of the night on assists from Aidan McDonough and Hryckowian.
- Just :27 seconds into the final frame, McDonough notched another goal for the Huskies, picking up his 100th career point and his fourth of the night. After netting his power-play goal, McDonough now leads the NCAA in goals (52) and power-play goals (24).
- To close out scoring for Northeastern, Hryckowian potted his third goal of the game, for the hat trick and a four-point night, at the 8:32 mark. Hryckowian has recorded eight points in the last four games (2g, 2a), for the team's longest active point streak.
- In his fifth win of the season, Devon Levi recorded 25 saves through the entire 60 minutes, including stops on all three Wildcat power-play opportunities.
- Three more Huskies highlighted big moments in the night's win. Jackson Dorrington got his first career start as a Husky, while James Davenport skated in his first game of the season. Braden Doyle also tallied two assists on the evening.
The Huskies close out their weekend tomorrow night as they travel to Whittemore Center for game two against the Wildcats. Puck drop is set for 7 p.m. and can be streamed on ESPN+.