BOSTON, Mass. - The No. 12 women's hockey team skated to a 3-2 win in overtime against the Boston University on Friday, Nov. 4 at Walter Brown Arena in Boston, Mass. Sara Hjalmarsson scored the game-winning-goal at the 2:37 mark in overtime.
Providence - 3 | Boston University - 2 - OT
Providence - 8-2-1 (5-1-1 HEAW) | Boston University - 3-6-0 (2-5-0 HEAW)
Walter Brown Arena | Boston, Mass.
GAME FLOW & NOTES
- Boston University's Catherine Foulem struck first at the 14:35 mark in the first period.
- Both teams skated through the second period scoreless. The Terriers held their 1-0 lead into the second intermission.
- Ida Press (Uppsala, Sweden) netted the Friars' first goal of the night 2:18 into the final period to tie the game, 1-1. Rachel Weiss (Calgary, Alberta) and Caroline Peterson (East Falmouth, Mass.) each earned assists on the goal.
- Noemi Neubauerova (Prague, Czech Republic) scored shortly after at the 3:46 mark to give the Friars a 2-1 edge over the Terriers. Sara Hjalmarsson (Bankeryd, Sweden) was credited with the assist.
- The Terriers tied the game up, 2-2, when Lacey Martin scored 13:06 into the third. The goal forced overtime.
- Hjalmarsson scored the game-winning-goal on a breakaway 2:37 into overtime to give the Friars a 3-2 win. Lindsay Bochna (Toronto, Ontario) assisted on the goal.
- Sandra Abstreiter (Freising, Germany) finished the night with 20 saves.
Power plays: 1/4
Penalty Kill: 2/3
Boston University -
Power plays: 1/3
Penalty Kill: 3/4
PC GAME HIGHS
Shots: Hjalmarsson (8)
Goals: Press, Neubauerova, Hjalmarsson (1)
Assists: Weiss, Peterson, Hjalmarsson, Bochna (1)
Points: Hjalmarsson (2)
The Friars will host Boston University at home on Satruday, Nov. 5 at 3:00 p.m. in Schneider Arena.