ORONO, Maine - The No. 15/17 Northeastern Huskies claimed a 4-1 victory, led by two goals from Aidan McDonough, over the Maine Black Bears in route to a weekend split at the Harold Alfond Sports Arena.
- For the second night in a row, the Huskies and Black Bears went scoreless through the opening 20 minutes of the game. Northeastern controlled momentum, outshooting Maine 27-20.
- Only 58 seconds apart, captain Aidan McDonough gave the Huskies a 2-0 lead in the first three minutes of the second period. His first of the night was well crafted by linemates Sam Colangelo and Justin Hryckowian as he bested Maine's goaltender.
- At the 3:19 marker, McDonough extended Northeastern's advantage to 2-0 with a power-play goal, assisted by Gunnarwolfe Fontaine and Jack Hughes. With his assist, Fontaine extended his point streak to six games, tallying nine points.
- Before the middle frame closed, Matt Choupani added one more for Northeastern, assisted by Cam Lund and Hunter McDonald, on a quick bury from out front.
- The Black Bears were able to get one on the board before the end of the second. After much back-and-forth play in the final period, the Huskies sealed the victory with an empty net goal from Jakov Novak, his second of the weekend.
- Devon Levi finished with a great night in net, making 35 saves and stopping all four power-play attempts from Maine.
Northeastern continues with another Hockey East matchup next weekend with a home-and-home series against the University of New Hampshire. The Huskies will host game one on Friday, Nov. 11 at Matthews Arena before heading to Whittemore Center on Saturday, Nov. 12.