CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - Olivia O'Brien scored two goals while Abigail Levy earned a 29-save shutout as the Boston College women's hockey team topped Boston University, 3-0, on Friday night at Kelley Rink.
O'Brien scored her first goal midway through the first period and then Abby Newhook scored 21 seconds into the third period for a 2-0 lead. O'Brien roofed home an insurance goal eight minutes later. Levy made 25 saves across the second and third periods for her second shutout of the season.
Boston College 3, Boston University 0
Friday, Oct. 21, 2022 | 6:00 p.m.
Kelley Rink | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
- Boston College had the 34-29 lead in shots on goal.
- The Eagles went 0-for-3 on the power play while keeping the Terriers to 0-for-4.
- Abigail Levy finished with 29 saves for the Eagles.
- Boston College now holds a record of 34-24-7 in the all-time series with Boston University ... the Eagles are 14-10-4 against the Terriers at Conte Forum ... Katie Crowley has a 29-23-6 mark against Boston University.
- Levy's shutout marked her second of the season and 13th of her career ... it was her third career shutout against Boston University, tying her with Molly Schaus '11 for the most all-time in program history against BU ... Levy has now posted shutouts in back-to-back starts against BU ... all three of Levy's wins against the Terriers are shutouts.
- Of the 14 shutouts in the BU-BC series, eight of them belong to BC.
- Olivia O'Brien scored two goals for her first career multi-goal game and second career multi-point game ... her first goal of the game marked her second career game-winning goal.
- Abby Newhook tallied one goal and one assist for her third multi-point game of the season and 14th of her career.
- Hannah Bilka extended her point streak to five games with an assist ... she now has at least one point in six out of seven contests.
- Bilka now has 96 career points, good for 25th all-time in program history.
- O'Brien and Kelly Browne both registered a game-high 12 face-off wins.
Boston University: 2-3-0, 1-2-0 Hockey East
Boston College: 4-2-1, 3-0-0 Hockey East
- Boston College and Boston University will meet again tomorrow at 3 p.m. at Walter Brown Arena.