ORONO, Maine - Hannah Bilka scored two goals, including the game-winning goal in overtime and Kelly Browne had three assists as the Boston College women's hockey team topped the University of Maine, 4-3, on Friday afternoon at Alfond Arena.
The Eagles took a 2-0 lead eight minutes into the period thanks to goals from Alexie Guay and Bilka just 32 seconds apart. Maine found the back of the net later in the frame and then potted a goal on the power play early in the second to tie things up. After Carolina Goffredo's fourth of the year gave BC the lead again, the Black Bears were able to force overtime. Bilka then scored 27 seconds into overtime to give the Eagles the win.
RV Boston College 3, Maine 3 (OT)
Friday, Dec. 3, 2021 | 2:00 p.m.
Alfond Arena | Orono, Maine
- Boston College had the 37-27 lead in shots on goal ... the Eagles went 1-for-3 on the power play while Maine was 1-for-2.
- Boston College now holds an overall mark of 46-17-7 in the all-time series with Maine ... the Eagles are 22-8-4 at Alfond Arena ... head coach Katie Crowley is now 35-6-3 all-time against Maine.
- Hannah Bilka recorded her fifth career multi-goal game and second this season ... it was her 17th career multi-point game ... her winner marked her sixth career game-winning goal.
- Kelly Browne's three assists marked her 12th career multi-assist game and 22nd career multi-point game ... this marked the 14th time in her career that Browne has assisted on a game-winning goal.
- With one goal and one assist, Alexie Guay recorded her eighth career multi-point game.
- Abigail Levy finished with 24 saves for the Eagles.
- Maddie Crowley-Cahill led BC with three blocked shots on the day.
Maine: 6-11-1, 4-6-1 HEA
Boston College: 9-7-0, 7-4-0 HEA
Boston College and Maine will close out the Hockey East regular season series tomorrow afternoon with another 2 p.m. puck drop at Alfond Arena.