BURLINGTON, Vt. - A game-winning goal from graduate student forward Andrea Renner and three unanswered Husky goals gave No. 4 Northeastern women's hockey (10-2-1, 9-2-1 HEA) a 3-1 win over Vermont (4-6-1, 2-3-1 HEA) on Saturday afternoon.
- With the clock ticking down in the first period, senior forward Maureen Murphy tied up the game for the Huskies and got her 11th goal of the year and second of the weekend thanks to the assist from senior forward Alina Mueller (4).
- Murphy leads Hockey East with 19 points and 11 goals on the year. She is now tied for third in Division I for goals scored this season.
- The go-ahead goal from Renner didn't come until the third period, when she snuck the puck in past the Vermont goaltender on a wraparound finish with 5:54 left to play in the game. Her second goal of the season, it was assisted by junior forward Katy Knoll (4) and freshman forward Skylar Irving (4).
- Just 28 seconds later, graduate student forward Katie Cipra extended the lead, deking around the goaltender and finishing on a wide open net after taking passes from graduate student forward Tessa Ward (3) and sophomore defender Lily Yovetich (1).
- By appearing in today's game, graduate student defender Skylar Fontaine became the all-time Huskies leader in games played with 153.
- Junior goaltender Gwyneth Philips made her second start in net for Northeastern this season and notched 21 saves.
- The Huskies, after sweeping Vermont by a combined 6-2, currently lead Hockey East in both goals scored (42) and goals allowed (11).
After taking both of these games up in Burlington, the Huskies will now return to Boston net weekend for a matchup with New Hampshire on Friday, November 19 at 6 p.m. on College SportsLive.