WINCHENDON, Mass. - The Holy Cross women's hockey team fell to Franklin Pierce, 4-0, on Saturday, Oct. 16 at the Jason Ritchie Ice Arena.
Sophomore left wing Lilly Feeney recorded nine shots on goal for the Crusaders (1-5), while junior right wing Sofia Smithson and sophomore left wing Millie Sirum had five shots on goal apiece.
Goaltender Suzette Faucher made 41 saves to lead the Ravens (1-3) in their victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lucy Hanson tipped in a goal at 6:04 of the first period to give Franklin Pierce a 1-0 lead.
- Ava Kison converted on a penalty shot to extend the Ravens' lead with under a minute to go in the first.
- Emilie Prive scored 1:12 into the second period off a rebound to give the Ravens a 3-0 advantage.
- The Franklin Pierce lead grew to 4-0 at the 7:56 mark of the third period off a goal from Becca Kniss.
- The Crusaders outshot the Ravens 17-4 in the final period, but could not get past a staunch performance from Faucher.
- Holy Cross heads to Burlington, Vt., for a Hockey East matchup against the University of Vermont on Friday, Oct. 22.
- Puck drop is set for 6 p.m.