WORCESTER, Mass. - Freshman forward Skylar Irving scored her first collegiate goal and four other Huskies scored to lead the Northeastern Women's Hockey Team (1-0-0, 1-0-0 Hockey East) to its first victory of the season, a dominating 5-0 win over Holy Cross (0-1-0, 0-1-0 Hockey East) on Friday at the Hart Center.
Northeastern got off to a quick start in the first period after tallying four goals, and didn't look back the rest of the game.
- The Huskies got off to a quick 1-0 lead after junior defender Megan Carter sent a shot on net and it made its way through at the 2:47 mark.
- Irving tallied her first goal of the season at the 6:38 mark in the first to put the Huskies up 2-0.
- Northeastern continued its dominating play in the first period with a goal from graduate student defender Skylar Fontaine off a feed from senior forward Chloé Aurard at the 9:46 mark, and then capped it off with a power play goal from junior forward Katy Knoll at 14:03.
- The Huskies outshot Holy Cross 22-7 in the first period.
- Neither team scored in the second period, but the Huskies outshot the Crusaders 18-3.
- Along with her two assists, Chloé Aurard added a short-handed goal at the 13:44 mark in third to put the Huskies up 5-0.
- Carter notched two assists and three Huskies tallied an assist.
- The Huskies went 1-5 on the power play.
- Graduate student goalie Aerin Frankel tallied 20 saves, picking up her first win of the season and 29th career shutout.
The Huskies will host Holy Cross for Championship Night at Matthews Arena on Saturday, October 2 in their home opener. The game can be watched on CBS College Sports Live, with puck drop scheduled for 2pm.