The Hockey East Association, a premier NCAA Division I College Hockey conference, is seeking qualified applicants to serve as the league's Supervisor of Men's Officials.
The position will report directly to the Hockey East Commissioner.
• Oversee all aspects of the Hockey East Men's Officiating Program.
• Assign and supervise on-ice officials for all Hockey East men's games, including exhibition, league, non-league and post-season contests, and including multiple special events throughout the calendar year.
• Serve as liaison between Hockey East member institutions and coaches and Hockey East on-officials, and between Hockey East and the NCAA.
• Identify, recruit, and assign the best-qualified officials to work in Hockey East.
• Create a consistent line of communication with Hockey East coaches and officials to minimize conflict and foster greater understanding of officiating-related issues and of the NCAA Rule Book.
• Address concerns, questions, and receive feedback from coaches and administrators of member institutions in a professional and timely manner.
• Provide consistency in the interpretation of NCAA hockey rules and officiating mechanics.
• Develop and implement a training and development program for all Hockey East men's officials, including an annual officiating preseason clinic and in-season review.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive and effective officiating observation and evaluation program.
• Communicate with Hockey East men's coaches prior to the season for the purpose of reviewing NCAA rules and points of emphasis.
• Review, compile, and distribute video of in-game situations while providing feedback to officials for further development and guidance.
• In conjunction with the Commissioner, lead Hockey East in supplemental discipline reviews, in accordance with conference policies and procedures and NCAA rules.
• Develop strong working relationships with NCAA staff and other conferences' Directors of Officials to identify potential new officials and to ensure Hockey East officials understand and correctly and consistently apply NCAA playing rules.
• Prepare an annual officiating report for presentation to Hockey East administrators and coaches.
• Attend and represent Hockey East at all NCAA officiating-related meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Commissioner.
• Experience as a collegiate and/or NHL ice hockey official.
• Superior communication skills.
• Ability to relate effectively with on-ice officials, league staff, coaches, and administrators.
• Extensive knowledge of NCAA ice hockey rules, officiating mechanics, and techniques.
• Experience and skill utilizing instruction video clips and video editing software.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Experience as a clinician, evaluator, and recruiter of hockey officials.
• Accessibility and ability to return messages within a timely manner.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to:
Commissioner | Hockey East
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.