CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - The University of Connecticut topped the Boston College women's hockey team, 2-0, in the second game of the Hockey East Tournament quarterfinals on Saturday afternoon at Kelley Rink. The two teams will now play the deciding game in the best-of-three series at 2 p.m. tomorrow at Kelley Rink.
The Huskies struck early in the opening frame and then added an insurance goal midway through the second period. Maddy McArthur racked up 13 saves in the middle frame to keep the Eagles in the contest, but Morgan Fisher denied 11 BC shots in the third period.
Fisher stopped all 21 shots she saw while McArthur finished with 34. UConn held the 35-21 lead in shots on goal. BC kept UConn to 0-for-1 on the power play while not seeing a power play opportunity for the second consecutive game.
UConn 2, Boston College 0
February 29, 2020 | 2 p.m.
Kelley Rink at Conte Forum | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
1st, 5:29 | 0-1, UCONN GOAL: Claire Peterson worked the puck across the blue line to Taylor Wabick at the right point for a wrist shot that wound through traffic and inside the far left post.
2nd, 7:33 | 0-2, UCONN GOAL: From the right point, Camryn Wong sent in a long wrist shot that McArthur chested down but Viki Harkness curled the rebound inside the far left post.
- BC now holds a 38-18-10 all-time mark against UConn ... the Eagles have a record of 22-8-2 against UConn at Kelley Rink.
- BC and UConn have now met seven times in the conference tournament with BC holding a 5-2-0 record.
- BC is now 13-2 all-time in the conference tournament quarterfinals and has a mark of 24-12 all-time in the Hockey East Tournament.
- Cayla Barnes and Lindsay Agnew blocked three shots each ... BC had 12 blocks as a team.
- Barnes led the Eagles with four shots on goal on the day.
Boston College: 17-15-2
Boston College and UConn will meet for game three of the best-of-three series tomorrow at 2 p.m. at Kelley Rink.