|1st||15:30||BC||1-0||EV||Connor Moore (1)||Mike Booth/1, Casey Carreau/1|
|2nd||8:22||PRV||1-1||EV||Erik Foley (2)||Spenser Young/1|
|2nd||19:14||PRV||2-1||PP GW||Ben Mirageas (1)||Scott Conway/2, Spenser Young/2|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston College (1-4-1)||0/6||10/20||0|
|Boston College Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Joseph Woll (L, 1-3-1)||58:52||2||12||12||10||34|
|Hayden Hawkey (W, 4-2-0)||60:00||1||12||6||6||24|
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Erik Foley and Ben Mirageas scored goals as the No. 11/10 Providence College men's hockey team rallied for a 2-1 win over No. 19 Boston College on Friday night at Schneider Arena.
No. 11/10 Providence - 2 | No. 19/RV Boston College - 1
Providence - 4-2-0 (1-1-0 HEA) | Boston College - 1-4-1 (1-1-0 HEA)
Schneider Arena - Providence, R.I.
Hawkey (PC) - 24 saves
Woll (BC) - 34 saves
- The Eagles struck first at the 15:30 mark of the first period as Connor Moore put back a rebound past Hayden Hawkey.
- Hawkey kept the Friar deficit at 1-0 after a sterling glove save on BC's Casey Fitzgerald, who appeared to have an open net.
- With the team's skating 4-on-4, Erik Foley's strong drive down the right wing and fantastic finish over the blocker of Woll tied the game up at 1-1.
- The Friars connected on their seventh power play opportunity of the night as freshman defenseman Ben Mirageas snuck in from the blue line and wired a wrist shot into the top right corner to put Providence up 2-1 after 40 minutes. The goal marked the Newburyport, Mass. native's first career NCAA tally.
- The Friars nearly extended their lead to 3-1 in the third period but Woll denied Vimal Sukumaran from point-blank range.
- Determined work by Providence in the final minute salted away the win after the Friars kept the puck along the perimeter as time expired.
- Providence earned its first Hockey East win against Boston College since Nov. 29, 2014. The Friars last defeated the Eagles in the 2015 Florida College Classic in a non-conference game.
- Freshman defenseman Jake Ryczek made his collegiate debut on Friday and had a team-high five shots on goal.
- Sophomore Spenser Young assisted on both Friar goals, his first and second assists of the season.
- Providence won for the first time this season when allowing the first goal.
HOW THEY SCORED
1-0 (BC) - 15:30/1st - EV - Connor Moore (Booth, Carreau) - Rebound at the top of the crease of a shot from Mike Booth.
1-1 (PC) - 8:22/2nd - EV - Erik Foley (Young) - Right wing drive with a snap shot from the blocker of Woll from the bottom of the circle.
2-1 (PC) - 19:14/2nd - PP - Ben Mirageas (Conway, Young) - Wrist shot from the high slot through a screen.
PC GAME HIGHS
Goals: Foley, Mirageas (1)
Assists: Young (2)
Points: Young (2)
Shots: Ryczek, Wilkins (5)
Providence - 1/8
Boston College - 0/6
Providence - 36
Boston College - 25
The Friars are back in action on Saturday night when they play host to No. 6/6 Boston University at 7 p.m.