|1st||7:59||BU||1-0||EV||Clayton Keller (21)||Ryan Cloonan/6|
|1st||19:42.7||MND||1-1||EV||Alex Iafallo (19)||Joey Anderson/23, Willie Raskob/12|
|3rd||11:38||MND||2-1||EV||Joey Anderson (11)||Riley Tufte/7, Nick Wolff/10|
|3rd||16:47||BU||2-2||EV||Patrick Harper (13)||Chad Krys/6, Dante Fabbro/12|
|OT||1:57||MND||3-2||PP GW||Adam Johnson (18)||Neal Pionk/26, Alex Iafallo/30|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||OT||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (24-12-3)||0/2||4/8||0|
|Minnesota Duluth (27-6-7)||1/3||3/6||0|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||OT||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (L, 21-11-3)||61:57||3||6||7||6||1||20|
|Minnesota Duluth Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||OT||Saves|
|Hunter Miska (W, 26-4-5)||61:57||2||4||5||12||1||22|
FARGO, N.D. - The No. 6 Boston University men's ice hockey team had its NCAA run come to an end on Saturday as No. 3 Minnesota Duluth got a power-play goal from Adam Johnson just 1:57 into overtime to claim a 3-2 victory in the NCAA West Regional final.
Final Score: #3 Minnesota Duluth 3, #6 Boston University 2 (OT)
Records: BU (24-12-3), Minnesota Duluth (27-6-7)
Location: Scheels Arena - Fargo, N.D.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Minnesota Duluth broke a 1-1 tie at 11:38 of the third period before BU freshman Patrick Harper scored with 3:13 left in regulation to send the game into overtime.
- After the Terriers extended their run of successful penalty kills to 27 straight early in the third period, a tripping call on BU just 1:39 into overtime yielded the game-winner.
- The Terriers scored first for the first time in 11 games as freshman Clayton Keller backhanded a shot over UMD netminder Hunter Miska's left shoulder at the goalmouth 7:59 into the contest.
- The Bulldogs were able to equalize in the final minute of the first period on a wraparound by Alex Iafallo at the 19:42 mark.
- After neither team was able to light the lamp in the middle stanza, Joey Anderson gave the Bulldogs the 2-1 lead just past the midpoint of the third.
- Keller and sophomore Charlie McAvoy were named to the West Regional All-Tournament Team.
- Keller extended his point streak to 10 games (7g, 8a).
- Sophomore Ryan Cloonan assisted on Keller's goal while freshman blueliners Chad Krys and Dante Fabbro earned helpers on Harper's goal late in regulation.
- Freshman Jake Oettinger recorded 20 saves for the Terriers while fellow rookie Hunter Miska turned aside 22 BU shots and was named the Most Outstanding Player of the regional.
- BU held a 24-23 shot advantage and came up empty on both of its power-play chances.
SEASON COMES TO AN END
- The Terriers finish the year with a record of 24-12-3.
- This was BU's third straight appearance in the NCAA tournament.
- The result marked the final collegiate game for BU seniors Doyle Somerby, Nick Roberto and Tommy Kelley.