#8 Boston College vs. Minnesota, vs. Wisconsin (Country Classic)
- A nationally ranked trio competes in the inaugural Country Classic at the Ford Ice Center Bellevue in Nashville this weekend. #8 Boston College takes on #1 Minnesota in game one on Friday night and #2 Wisconsin in game two Saturday night.
- The Eagles are 1-5-1 against Minnesota, with four of their last meetings coming in the NCAA Tournament and five of their seven outings determined by a margin of only one goal. The Eagles are 0-6 when facing Wisconsin including, three NCAA semifinal appearances.
- Boston College is coming off a weekend split in a home-and-home series against UConn, where the Huskies took regular season series, 2-1-0, for the first time since 2006-07. In Friday's 2-1 UConn victory, Boston College sophomore forward Savannah Norcross (Lynn, Mass.) struck first to give the Eagles an early lead. Despite out shooting the Huskies 39-24, UConn escaped with the win. In game two, Norcross scored her second of the weekend, this time recording the game winner on the road with just over a minute to left in the game.
Holy Cross vs. #4 Northeastern (home and home), at Merrimack
- Holy Cross is back on the ice after its weekend sweep over Merrimack on Nov. 14 and 15. In that weekend, not only did the Crusaders notch their first two victories of the season by scores of 2-1 and 4-3, they also clinched their regular season series over the Warriors and first series sweep since joining Hockey East.
- The week of Nov. 18, Holy Cross held two conference awards for the first time in program history. Hockey East Player of the Week senior forward Rachel Moore (Falmouth, Mass.) scored the game winning goal in game one over Merrimack and assisted on the decisive tally in game two. Defensive Player of the Week and NCAA's Third Star was sophomore goaltender Jada Brenon (Pendleton, N.Y.), who stopped 77 shots for a .951 save percentage and current leads the conference with 411 saves in 13 games, averaging 31 stops per game.
- Before Holy Cross travels to face Merrimack one more time to close out its series on Sunday, Holy Cross kicks off the only conference games of the holiday weekend as they play #4 Northeastern Friday night. The two teams recently met on Nov. 8 in Boston, when the #4 Huskies shut out the Crusaders, 6-0, thanks to three points from sophomore forward Alina Mueller (Winterthur, Switzerland/1g, 2a) and two goals from junior forward Tessa Ward (Galesburg, Mich.)
Maine at Dartmouth
- Maine travels to Hanover, New Hampshire to take on Dartmouth for a weekend pair. The two teams have met nine times since the 2012-13 season, and Maine is 5-4 in that span and currently on a threegame win streak over the Big Green.
- In their most recent outing against Dartmouth, then-junior forward Tereza Vanišová (Strakonice, Czech Republic) scored two goals and then-junior goaltender Carly Jackson (Amherst, Nova Scotia) recorded 20 saves leading to a 4-1 victory on Nov. 25, 2018.
- Maine is coming off a weekend split in Boston against #4 Northeastern, where sophomore forward Celine Tedenby (Örnsköldsvik, Sweden) scored once in each game, including the game winner just 38 seconds into overtime in game two. A career-best performance from junior goaltender Loryn Porter (North Bay, Ont.) led the team to a victory on Sunday, as she tallied 50 saves, including 25 in the second period alone, to earn HEA Co-Defensive Player of the Week.
UConn vs. Yale, vs. Minnesota Duluth/Quinnipiac (Nutmeg Classic)
- The 16th annual Nutmeg Classic is hosted by Quinnipiac this year, where UConn is set to play in-state rival Yale on Friday and either #9 Minnesota Duluth or the host Bobcats on Saturday. The last time the Huskies played Yale was in last season's Nutmeg Classic consolation game when the two teams were scoreless well into the third period before then-freshman forward Viki Harkness (Berwick, Ont.) put one on the board to record the game-winner. The shutout victory was thanks to then-freshman goaltender Samantha Carpentier-Yelle (Bromont, Que.) who tallied 28 saves, 17 of them coming from the third period.
- UConn recently claimed a regular season series win over #8 Boston College for the first time since 2006-07 season with their weekend split against the Eagles. Senior forward Briana Colangelo (Whitby, Ont.) notched the game-winner early in the third period of game one's 2-1 victory.
Vermont vs. Penn State, vs. Minnesota State/#7 Clarkson (Windjammer Classic)
- Vermont hosts Penn State, Minnesota State, and #7 Clarkson in the fifth annual Windjammer Classic. Friday, the Catamounts take on Penn State and battle for a place in the championship game against either Minnesota State or Clarkson. The Catamounts and the Nittany Lions have only played each other four times (1-2-1), most recently in the 2013-14 season where the Catamounts fell, 4-2, despite out shooting the Nittany Lions, 39-22.
- Saturday, Vermont dropped a 3-2 overtime loss to BU, despite a two-goal comeback off tallies from junior forward Val Caldwell (Glenview, Ill.) and senior forward Ali O'Leary (Reading, Mass.)
Providence vs. Brown (Mayor's Cup)
- Providence hosts Brown in this year's Mayor's Cup at Schneider Arena. Last season, the Friars took a shutout victory over Brown, 8-0, as then-sophomores Annelise Rice (Excelsior, Minn.), Maureen Murphy (Buffalo, N.Y.), and Haley Lunny (Bedford, N.Y.) all put up two points each.
- Most recently, Providence took a weekend sweep over Merrimack, including a 3-2 come-from-behind overtime victory off a game-winning goal from senior forward Meaghan Rickard (Coventry, R.I.), to clinch a regular season series winning record over the Warriors, 2-0-0, with one game remaining on Jan. 31.