The Hockey East Association is a Division 1 college hockey conference sponsoring 10 women's programs and 11 men's programs. Hockey East is seeking qualified applicants for a variety of internship positions.
Business Operations Graduate Internship (one position)
Location: Hockey East Conference Office, Wakefield, MA
- Recent college graduate who is pursuing a career in athletic operations, business, or game management
- Preference will be given to those with a degree in an applicable major as well as those candidates from a league school
- Significant experience working within a college athletics department
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communications skills
- Independent time-manager with the ability to manage multiple deadline-driven projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Mac operating systems, and a variety of social media platforms
- Able to work extended and varied hours, including evenings and weekends during the college hockey season
- Able to travel to games, tournaments, and conventions
- Assistance with HEA event coordination including meetings, post-season banquets, tournaments, and annual conventions
- Assist with in-season hockey operations tasks, including coordinating and facilitating communication between the league office and all member schools
- Work closely with the Commissioner, Associate Commissioners, officiating staff, and others to plan and execute season-long projects
- Supervise volunteers and part-time staff
- Assistance with marketing and promotional opportunities
- Assistance with media and public relations duties, including disseminations of weekly and monthly press releases, polls, mailings, and website maintenance.
- General office duties
- Other duties as assigned by Commissioner or Associate Commissioners
Benefits and Compensations:
- Nine-month appointment requiring a flexible work schedule commencing in early September and concluding at the end of May
- Compensations will include a monthly stipend
- Benefits include a multitude of networking opportunities and, upon successful completion, a strong reference from Hockey East staff
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references to Associate Commissioner Kate McAfee at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.