#8 Boston University vs. #11 Minnesota State
- After a strong showing in a 7-1 exhibition win over Acadia last weekend, #8 BU opens the regular season at #11 Minnesota State for two games. The Terriers saw a goal and an assist each from rookies Jake Wise (Reading, Mass.) and Joel Farabee (Cicero, N.Y.).
- The Terriers and Mavericks last met for a two-game series Oct. 13-14, 2017, when Minnesota State traveled to Boston to take a weekend sweep by scores of 6-3 and 3-0.
#5 Providence vs. Miami & #2 Notre Dame/Mercyhurst
- Providence heads to Erie, Pennsylvania to open the season at the annual Ice Breaker Tournament hosted by Mercyhurst.
- #5 Providence opened its season with a 3-1 win over American International College last Saturday. The Friars scored three times within a 2:48 span of the first period to secure the 998th win in program history.
- Providence took two wins at Miami last season to open the year 2-0-0.
#12 Boston College at Wisconsin
- Boston College travels to Wisconsin for its season opener, a rematch of an Oct. 13 game from 2017-18 that proved to be a 5-2 Badger victory.
- Eagles’ rookie forward Oliver Wahlstrom (Quincy, Mass.) netted two goals in an 8-1 win against New Brunswick last weekend to earn Pro Ambitions Rookie of the Week accolades.
New Hampshire at Colgate
- For the first time in 28 seasons, the New Hampshire Wildcats begin the season without Dick Umile as head coach. New skipper Mike Souza brings his team to Colgate for a two-game series.
- Last season, New Hampshire swept Colgate in two games at the Whittemore Center en route to starting the season 5-0-0. The Wildcats scored 10 times across those two outings.
- With redshirt-sophomore Patrick Grasso (Ankeny, Iowa) back in the lineup after missing 2017-18 to injury, eight new Wildcat skaters look to start the season off on a high note. Grasso was fifth on the team with 33 points on 20 goals and 13 assists as a freshman in 2016-17.
Maine vs. St. Lawrence
- The last time Maine and St. Lawrence faced off against each other was during the 2013-14 season, when St. Lawrence skated away with a weekend sweep at home.
- The Black Bears kicked off the season with a 6-1 triumph over the University of Prince Edward Island on Monday night. Mitchell Fossier (Alpharetta, Ga.) and Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup (Charlottenlund, Denmark) both scored two goals for Maine.
Massachusetts vs. RPI (home and home)
- Four points (2g, 2a) from sophomore John Leonard (Amherst, Mass.) powered the University of Massachusetts to a 6-1 exhibition win over Royal Military College on Saturday night.
- Ten different Minutemen found the score sheet in the contest, while rookie Marc Del Gaizo (Basking Ridge, N.J./1g, 1a) and sophomores Cale Makar (Calgary, Alta./2a) and Philip Lagunov (Hamilton, Ont./2a) all contributing multi-point efforts in the victory.
UConn at Army West Point, at Quinnipiac
- UConn starts 2018-19 after its strongest showing since joining Hockey East in 2017-18, finishing fifth in Hockey East with an 11-12-1 record in league play and 15-19-2 overall mark.
- UConn travels to Quinnipiac on Tuesday night for a non-league match up. Last season the two programs played once, where the Bobcats skated away with a 3-0 win over the Huskies on Jan. 2.
- Quinnipiac opens the season against three consecutive Hockey East opponents, traveling to Vermont and welcoming Boston College on either side of the UConn clash.
Merrimack at Bentley/Army West Point
- After a pair of one-goal setbacks to Lake Superior State last weekend, new Merrimack head coach Scott Borek looks to get his team back on track against Atlantic Hockey foe Bentley. The Warriors fired 70 shots attempts in the series finale against the Lakers.
- Merrimack has never lost to Bentley, boasting a 5-0-0 record, and holds a 22-16-1 record over Army, including wins in 14 of their last 15 meetings.
#15 Northeastern at Sacred Heart
- The Huskies begin the season against Sacred Heart for the second straight year. In the first two meetings of the programs in 2017-18, Northeastern outscored its opponent 14-3 in a pair of wins.
- Sophomore goaltender Cayden Primeau (Voorhees, N.J.) was named to the watch list for the 2019 Mike Richter Award, given to the nation’s best goalie.
UMass Lowell vs. RIT
- UMass Lowell earned a 4-3 exhibition victory last weekend against Arcadia. Ryan Lohin (Chadds Ford, Pa.) had a game-high two points (1g, 1a) including the game-winning, power-play goal.
Vermont vs. Laurentian (ex)/Quinnipiac
- Vermont had a huge first weekend for Hockey East, traveling to Ann Arbor to knock off then-#4 Michigan, 5-2. Stefanos Lekkas (Elburn, Ill.) stopped a career-best 48 shots, including 23 in the third period, to earn Hockey East Player of the Week and Defensive Player of the Week honors.
- Lekkas is 52 saves shy of 2,000 on his career, good for eighth among all active NCAA goalies. Among juniors in the NCAA, he is second only to Boston University’s Jake Oettinger (Lakeville, Minn./1,978).