NORTH ANDOVER, Mass.- The Merrimack women's ice hockey team struggled against the No. 4/4 Northeastern University Huskies on Saturday, falling 6-0 at Lawler Rink in the second game of the weekend series.
Score: Merrimack 0, Northeastern 6
Records: Merrimack (1-11-0, 1-11-0 HE) | Northeastern (11-1-1, 10-1-1 HE)
Location: Lawler Rink | North Andover, Mass.
How It Happened
- Northeastern scored its first of the game four minutes in, walking in shorthanded with space across the dot for the goal through traffic in front.
- Three minutes later the Huskies added their second, with a third chance puck loose in the crease getting shoved in for a 2-0 lead at 7:58.
- In the last minute of the first period, Northeastern scored on a shot from the faceoff dot through a screen to add on the third of the game.
- The Huskies notched their fourth on the power play at 11:53 of the second, before adding one on a 4-on-4 and the final of the night on and end-to-end rush.
- The Warriors offense fired 21 shots on goal, led by Dominika Laskova and Kiki Roust firing four shots on goal each.
Notes & Numbers
- The Warriors continued to dominate the Huskies in faceoffs, taking 36 of 51 draws on the night.
- Defense stepped up blocking 11 shots and strong on five penalty kills.
- Sophomore netminder Emma Gorski finished the weekend with 68 saves between the two games.
- Goaltenders: Emma Gorski (30 saves, 1-10-0) | Gwyneth Philips (21 saves, 2-0-0)
- Power Plays: MC 0-5 | NU 1-5
- Shots on Goal: MC 6, NU 10 | MC 8, NU 14 | MC 13, NU 16 | MC 21, NU 36
- Faceoffs: 36 MC | 15 NU
- Blocks: 11 MC | 9 NU
The Warriors will continue their Hockey East competition next weekend with an opponent to be announced later this week by the conference.