BOSTON - Jillian Fey and Hannah Bilka potted goals while Abigail Levy earned a 35-save shutout as the No. 6 Boston College women's hockey team topped Boston University, 2-0, on Saturday night at Walter Brown Arena.
For the first time in Battle of Comm Ave history, the teams were scoreless through two periods. Fey, though, scored 13 minutes into the final frame and then Bilka then took just 18 seconds to pad BC's lead to 2-0. Levy
Abigail Levy finished with 35 saves for the Eagles, recording at least 11 saves in each frame, while Corinne Schroeder had 29 stops for the Terriers. BC went 0-for-2 on the power play and kept BU to 0-for-5. The Terriers held the 35-31 lead in shots on goal.
No. 6/6 Boston College 2, Boston University 0
Saturday, Feb. 20, 2021 | 4:30 p.m.
Walter Brown Arena | Boston
3rd, 7:21 | 1-0, BC GOAL: Caroline DiFiore curled around the left circle and fired a puck towards goal. Fey, who was at the top of the crease, collected the puck on her backhand, turned and beat Schroeder with a backhand shot to the far right post as she fell to the ice.
3rd, 7:39 | 2-0, BC GOAL: Kelly Browne and Bilka broke into the offensive zone on a 2-on-1 and Bilka slowed to create some space to receive a pass. Browne centered the puck at the hashmarks where in one motion, Bilka collected the puck and then toe-dragged to snap a shot off the right post and in.
- BC now holds a record of 32-23-7in the all-time series with BU ... the Eagles are 15-10-2 against the Terriers at Walter Brown Arena ... head coach Katie Crowley is now 27-21-6 in her career against BU.
- This marked the first time in series history that BU and BC were scoreless after two periods of play.
- Hannah Bilka extended her point streak to seven games with her third period goal .... it marks the second time in her career she's had a point in at least seven consecutive games ... her career best is a nine-game point streak during the 2019-20 season.
- The Eagles are now 7-0-0 this year when Bilka scores a goal and 15-0-1 all-time when she does.
- Jillian Fey scored her team-leading fourth game-winning goal of the season ... that ties for second nationally ... the junior now has 11 points on seven goals and four assists.
- With her assist on Bilka's goal, Kelly Browne recorded her 13th assist of the season ... the captain is now tied for the team lead in points (20) and assists (13).
- Caroline DiFiore recorded her first point of the season with her assist on Fey's game-winning goal.
- Abigail Levy earned her second shutout of the season with 35 saves ... it was the 10th shutout of her collegiate career.
- Levy's shutout marked the first for BC against BU since March 6, 2016 when Katie Burt '18 made 25 saves in a 5-0 win in the Hockey East Tournament Championship ... it spanned 17 games.
Boston University: 6-5-0
Boston College: 14-4-0