CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - The University of Connecticut Huskies scored two goals in the third period to top the Boston College women's hockey team, 2-1, on Sunday afternoon in the decisive game of the Hockey East Tournament quarterfinals. UConn won the best-of-three series to advance to the Hockey East Tournament semifinals.
After a scoreless first period that saw Maddy McArthur make 13 saves for BC, Lindsay Agnew put the Eagles up 1-0 halfway through the second frame. The Huskies, though, would score twice over the final 10 minutes of the third frame for the 2-1 win.
Morgan Fisher stopped 16 shots for UConn while McArthur finished with 29 for BC. UConn held the 31-17 lead in shots on goal. BC kept UConn to 0-for-4 on the power play while going 0-for-1 in the lone power-play opportunity of the three-game series.
UConn 2, Boston College 1
March 1, 2020 | 2 p.m.
Kelley Rink at Conte Forum | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
2nd, 9:32 | 1-0, BC GOAL: Hannah Bilka's shot from the left circle deflected out to the right side of the high slot and Agnew one-time the puck home, sending her shot to the far post.
3rd, 14:23 | 1-1, UCONN GOAL: McArthur made an initial save on a point-blank shot from the low slot but Viki Harkness picked up the rebound at the bottom of the left circle and snapped a high shot to the near side.
3rd, 17:49, 1-2, UCONN GOAL: Natalie Snodgrass picked up a breakout pass in the neutral zone and skated up the left wing. As she hit the left face-off dot, she released a wrist shot that was able to beat McArthur to the near side.
- BC now holds a 38-19-10 all-time mark against UConn ... the Eagles have a record of 22-9-2 against UConn at Kelley Rink.
- BC and UConn have now met seven times in the conference tournament with BC holding a 5-3-0 record.
- BC is now 13-3 all-time in the conference tournament quarterfinals and has a mark of 24-13 all-time in the Hockey East Tournament.
- Cayla Barnes blocked six shots in the game ... she finishes the 2019-20 season with 103 blocked shots.
- Lindsay Agnew skated in her 150th career collegiate game today.
- Agnew's goal was the seventh of the season for the captain ... she finishes the year with 15 points on seven goals and eight assists.
- Kelly Browne won a game-high 16 faceoffs to finish with 451 wins on the year.
Boston College: 17-16-2