CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - The No. 8 Boston College women's hockey team sent its seniors out with a 5-2 win over Maine on Friday afternoon in the final regular season game at Kelley Rink. Five players scored for the Eagles and 10 total had at least one point.
Kelly Browne's tally had BC up 1-0 after 20 minutes and then Megan Keller and Delaney Belinskas both scored in the first 2:26 of the middle frame to push BC's lead further, with Belisnkas' strike standing up for the game-winner. Maine scored twice but both times the Eagles responded, with Daryl Watts and Lindsay Agnew capping it off.
Kelly Pickreign earned the win for BC, making 23 saves, while Carly Jackson took the loss before giving way to Loryn Porter in the third. BC had the 34-25 edge in shots on goal and was 2-for-5 on the power play while Maine went 0-for-5.
No. 8/8 Boston College 5, Maine 2
February 15, 2019 | 2 p.m.
Kelley Rink at Conte Forum | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
1st, 16:40 | 1-0, BC GOAL: Caitrin Lonergan entered the zone down the left wing, and drifted in slightly before backhanding a pass to the top of the crease for Browne to one-time.
2nd, :22 | 2-0, BC GOAL: Newkirk worked the puck up to Keller at the left point and from the blue line, Keller wristed a shot back across the zone and into the top right corner of the net.
2nd, 2:26 | 3-0, BC GOAL: Maegan Beres caused a turnover in the circle and Belinskas muscled to get the puck and then turned and slid it between the left post and Jackson's right skate.
2nd, 6:13 | 3-1, ME GOAL: Vanisova skated around the top of the slot before firing a long wrister that squeaked through the traffic in front.
2nd, 13:47 | 4-1, BC GOAL: On the power play, Serena Sommerfield worked the puck low to Newkirk and the captain cut into the slot and fed a puck to Watts at the opposite faceoff dot. Watts collected it and in one motion roofed the puck under the crossbar.
3rd,1:29 | 4-2, ME GOAL: Vanisova whipped a cross-ice pass to Ida Press for a one-timer from the top of the circle.
3rd, | 5-2, BC GOAL: Newkirk worked around the circle back into the slot and then threaded a pass to Watts at the bottom of the zone. Agnew took a step back from the top of the crease and then slammed home Watts' pass.
- Caitrin Lonergan has now earned a point in 11 consecutive games.
- Kelly Browne has scored in four consecutive games and six out of the last seven ... the rookie now has nine points in the last seven contests.
- Daryl Watts has notched at least one point in six of the last seven games ... the sophomore has four multi-point games in the last seven contests ... Watts has put up 12 points in the last seven games.
- Delaney Belisnskas scored her third game-winning goal of the season ... the junior has had a hand in four of BC's last 10 game-winning goals, scoring three of them and assisting on another.
- The Eagles have out-shot the opponent in 21 consecutive contests.
- Watts and Lindsay Agnew have recorded at least one shot on goal in all 33 of BC's contest this season ... Lonergan has fired at least one shot on goal in all 31 of her games played this year.
- Megan Keller has registered at least one point in 26 of her 32 games played this season.
- Makenna Newkirk's three assists marked a season-high for the captain and the most in a game since logging four in a 5-4 overtime win at Northeastern on Jan. 13.
- BC now has a record of 43-16-6 in the all-time series with Maine including a mark of 23-9-2 at Kelley Rink.
- Head coach Katie Crowley is 32-5-2 all-time against Maine.
Maine: 14-15-4, 7-15-4 HEA
Boston College: 23-10-0, 19-7-0 HEA
Boston College will head to New Hampshire on Saturday, Feb. 23 to close out the regular season.