|2nd||5:54||VER||1-0||PP||Ève-Audrey Picard (12)||Sammy Kolowrat/4, Taylor Willard/8|
|2nd||14:32||BU||1-1||EV||Jesse Compher (7)||Nina Rodgers/4, Breanna Scarpaci/6|
|2nd||17:18||VER||2-1||EV GW||Saana Valkama (5)||Alyssa Gorecki/10, Taylor Willard/9|
|3rd||9:44||VER||3-1||PP||Saana Valkama (6)||Sammy Kolowrat/5, Taylor Willard/10|
|3rd||17:27||VER||4-1||EV EN||Ève-Audrey Picard (13)||-|
|3rd||19:10.1||VER||5-1||EV||Ève-Audrey Picard (14)||Mackenzie MacNeil/5, Kourtney Menches/8|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (10-14-6)||0/3||4/8||0|
|Sydney Scobee (W, 8-11-3)||59:45||1||13||6||16||35|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Corinne Schroeder (L, 10-6-4)||59:01||4||8||8||8||24|
BOSTON, Mass. - Freshman Jesse Compher collected her seventh goal of the season, but the Boston University women's ice hockey team was defeated by Vermont, 5-1, on Friday night at Walter Brown Arena.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Terriers (10-14-6, 6-11-5 WHEA) outshot Vermont (9-16-4, 6-11-3 WHEA), 13-8, in a scoreless opening 20 minutes.
- Vermont opened the scoring 5:54 into the second stanza when Eve-Audrey Picard converted the first of two Vermont power-play goals.
- Compher evened the score with 5:28 to play in the middle frame. Sophomore Breanna Scarpaci pushed the puck into the right corner, where senior Nina Rodgers won a battle to keep the play alive. Compher eventually ended up with the puck and sent a shot past Sydnee Scobee (35 saves).
- The Catamounts grabbed a 2-1 lead at 17:18 of the second period and added to their advantage 9:44 into the final frame.
- BU had a power play with 4:37 remaining in regulation and opted to pull freshman Corinne Schroeder (24 saves) in favor of an extra attacker for part of that 2:00 advantage, but Scobee shut the door and allowed for Picard to deposit an empty-netter as the penalty expired.
- Picard completed her hat trick in the final minute of the contest to complete the 5-1 score.
COMPHER KEEPS CLICKING
- Compher collected her fifth goal in seven games on Friday.
- She has been on a roll over the last eight games, recording a point in seven of those tilts (5g, 4a).
- Compher extended her point streak to five games (3g, 2a) on Friday.
- She now has seven goals and 15 assists for 21 points this season.
SCARPACI CONTINUES CAREER YEAR
- Scarpaci recorded her sixth assist and seventh point of the season with her helper on Compher's goal.
- Both numbers are career bests for the sophomore defender.
STILL NOT SHUT OUT
- BU is one of now just four teams in the country that have yet to be held scoreless this season after Ohio State shut out top-ranked Wisconsin earlier Friday night.
- The Terriers have not been blanked in a regular-season game since Feb. 19, 2015.
NEXT UP: BEANPOT TUESDAY
- The Terriers will open the 40th Women's Beanpot on Tuesday at Boston College when they face Harvard at 5 p.m.