|1st||19:34.8||BU||1-0||EV||Natasza Tarnowski (1)||Abby Cook/5, Jesse Compher/5|
|2nd||9:33||CON||1-1||EV||Natalie Snodgrass (5)||-|
|3rd||7:53||CON||2-1||PP||Justine Fredette (3)||Kayla Mee/5, Catherine Crawley/2|
|3rd||19:10.4||BU||2-2||EV EA GT||Rebecca Leslie (7)||Victoria Bach/9, Abbey Stanley/4|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||OT||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (2-6-2)||0/1||2/4||0|
|Annie Belanger (T, 3-2-2)||65:00||2||18||6||15||4||43|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||OT||Saves|
|Corinne Schroeder (T, 2-1-2)||64:32||2||8||5||6||4||23|
BOSTON, Mass. - Senior captain Rebecca Leslie scored with 49.6 seconds remaining in regulation to help the Boston University women's ice hockey team secure a 2-2 tie with UConn on Friday night at Walter Brown Arena.
- Sophomore Natasza Tarnowski opened the scoring with 25.2 seconds remaining in the opening period. Sophomore Abby Cook did well to force a Husky defender to commit to blocking a shot, which freed space to find Tarnowski between the circles. Tarnowski then fired a shot past Annie Belanger (43 saves) for her first goal of the season.
- Natalie Snodgrass tied the game at the 9:33 mark of the second stanza when she forced a turnover in the BU zone, skated out of the corner and snuck a shot past Corinne Schroeder (23 saves).
- Justine Fredette gave UConn a 2-1 lead with a power-play goal at the 7:53 mark of the final frame.
- Leslie's heroics came in the final minute of regulation. Redshirt sophomore Abbey Stanley intercepted a UConn clearing attempt and sent a puck toward Leslie, who was skating to the left post. The pass glanced off senior Victoria Bach's skate and right to Leslie's stick. The captain made no mistake, firing home her seventh goal of the year.
- Both teams had several solid chances to win in overtime, but Schroeder and Belanger made four saves apiece to salvage the spoils.
- For the third straight game, the Terriers recorded at least 40 shots on goal.
- BU outshot UConn, 45-25, on Friday night.
- Over the last five contests, the Terriers have averaged an NCAA-best 43.60 shots on goal per game.
TARNOWSKI WITH A STRONG GAME
- Tarnowski was terrific for the Terriers on Friday night.
- She scored her first goal of the season and had six shots on goal en route to finishing as a plus-1.
- For the year, Tarnowski has totaled four points on a goal and three assists.
SCHROEDER STRONG AGAIN
- For the fifth straight game, Schroeder held an opponent to two goals or fewer.
- She made 23 saves on Friday night, including 10 over the third period and overtime.
- Schroeder has allowed just two even-strength goals this season.
- She boasts a .937 save percentage and a 1.75 goals-against average.
TIME TO HIT THE ROAD
- BU will begin a four-game road stretch at Vermont next weekend.
- The Terriers and Catamounts will meet on Friday, Nov. 18, at 7 p.m., before wrapping up the weekend series on Saturday at 4 p.m.