|1st||4:55||NOE||1-0||PP||Kasidy Anderson (13)||Paige Savage/14, Lauren Kelly/8|
|1st||7:08||CON||1-1||EV||Theresa Knutson (10)||Jaime Fox/11, Justine Fredette/11|
|2nd||4:23||NOE||2-1||EV||Heather Mottau (9)||Denisa Křížová/26, McKenna Brand/14|
|2nd||16:19||CON||2-2||EV||Nora Maclaine (1)||Tristyn Svetek/5, Rebecca Lindblad/6|
|OT||5:43||NOE||3-2||EV GW||Denisa Křížová (18)||Hayley Scamurra/23, Maddie Hartman/15|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||OT||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Annie Belanger (L, 11-16-4)||65:43||3||11||11||9||3||34|
|Brittany Bugalski (W, 20-9-3)||65:36||2||9||10||8||2||29|
BOSTON - Junior Denisa Krizova scored 5:43 into overtime to send the Northeastern women's hockey team (21-11-3) to the Hockey East semifinals with a 3-2 victory over UConn (14-18-4) on Saturday afternoon at Matthews Arena.
Krizova potted her first collegiate overtime goal when she slammed home a rebound at the left of the net following a Hayley Scamurra shot from the right circle. The victory gave Northeastern the series sweep and advanced the Huskies to their seventh straight WHEA semifinal appearance.
Sophomore Kasidy Anderson and senior Heather Mottau also scored for NU, while sophomore Brittany Bugalski made 29 saves to become the first goaltender in program history to win 20 or more games in two separate seasons.
The Huskies will face either Boston University, Providence or Vermont in next weekend's semifinals at BU's Walter Brown Arena.
- Anderson gave Northeastern the lead 4:55 into the game with her third goal of the weekend. On a power play, senior Paige Savage collected the puck along the right-wing boards and sent a cross-ice feed to Anderson, who ripped a quick shot off a UConn defender and into the back of the net from the left dot.
- UConn equalized at the 7:08 mark of the opening frame when Theresa Knutson collected a loose puck in the low slot and shoveled it past Bugalski to make it 1-1.
- Northeastern pushed back in front at 4:23 of the second period when Mottau took a feed from Krizova and wristed a shot past UConn netminder Annie Belanger (34 saves) from between the circles.
- The visiting Huskies again evened the score when Nora Maclaine deflected a Tristyn Svetek pass over the shoulder of Bugalski from the low slot at the 16:19 mark of the second stanza.
- After a scoreless third period, Krizova won the game in OT when she pushed home a rebound at the left of the net after Belanger had made an initial save on a Hayley Scamurra wrister at the 5:43 mark.
- Northeastern will be appearing in the Hockey East semifinals for the seventh consecutive season.
- Denisa Krizova scored her first collegiate overtime goal.
- Krizova has recorded at least a point in seven straight games.
- Heather Mottau scored for the third straight game.
- Mottau (83 career points) needs two more points to move into fifth place on the program's all-time scoring chart among defensemen.
- Brittany Bugalski earned her 20th win of the season and her 40th career victory.
- Bugalski is the sixth goaltender in program history to win at least 40 games, and the first goaltender in program history to win at least 20 games in two different seasons.
- NU earned the five-game season sweep of UConn and extended its unbeaten streak over the other Huskies to 23 straight games (20-0-3).
The Huskies will face either Boston University, Providence or Vermont in next weekend's Hockey East semifinals at BU's Walter Brown Arena. Stay tuned to GoNU.com for more information.