|1st||0:53||BU||1-0||EV||Mary Parker (3)||Alexis Crossley/2, Maddie Elia/2|
|1st||3:05||PSU||1-1||EV||Aly Hardy (1)||Brooke Madsen/7|
|1st||3:25||BU||2-1||EV||Mary Parker (4)||Nina Rodgers/2, Victoria Bach/4|
|1st||15:00||BU||3-1||PP GW||Sammy Davis (1)||Sarah Steele/1, Samantha Sutherland/1|
|2nd||6:13||PSU||2-3||EV EA||Abby Welch (1)||Laura Bowman/4, Bella Sutton/5|
|2nd||10:51||BU||4-2||PP||Mary Parker (5)||Victoria Bach/5, Alexis Crossley/3|
|2nd||16:00||BU||5-2||EV||Connor Galway (1)||Alexandra Calderone/2, Maddie Elia/3|
|2nd||17:59||BU||6-2||PP||Maddie Elia (4)||Rebecca Leslie/5, Mary Parker/2|
|3rd||19:45||BU||7-2||EV||Mary Grace Kelley (1)||Mary Parker/3|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (3-1-1)||3/5||5/10||0|
|Penn State (1-4-1)||0/5||5/10||0|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Victoria Hanson (W, 2-1-0)||60:00||2||5||9||7||21|
|Penn State Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Hannah Ehresmann (L, 0-3-1)||15:00||3||8||0||0||8|
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. - Graduate student Mary Parker (Milton, Mass.) collected her second career hat trick as part of a five-pont afternoon to lead the Boston University women's ice hockey team to a 7-2 win at Penn State on Saturday afternoon at Pegula Ice Arena.
Final Score: Boston University 7, Penn State 2
Records: BU (3-1-1, 2-1-0 WHEA), Penn State (1-4-1, 0-0-0 CHA)
Location: Pegula Ice Arena - University Park, Pa.
- Parker opened the scoring just 53 seconds into the proceedings when she knocked home a rebound off an Alexis Crossley shot.
- Penn State tied the game at the 3:05 mark of the period, but 20 seconds later Parker had her second of the period thanks to assists from juniors Nina Rodgers and Victoria Bach.
- Sophomore Sammy Davis made it 3-1 with 5:00 to play in the opening period when she redirected a Sarah Steele shot on the power play.
- Leading 3-2 in the second period, Parker completed her hat trick with a sensational wrist shot that went over Daniela Paniccia's glove and underneath the crossbar.
- Sophomore Connor Galway notched her first collegiate goal with a blast from the point at the 16:00 mark of the second stanza.
- Senior Maddie Elia, already with two assists on the day, added a power-play goal with 2:01 to play in the middle period. It came on the heels of a superb stop from senior goaltender Victoria Hanson on a shorthanded breakaway bid.
- Sophomore Mary Grace Kelley closed the game on a high note with a great individual effort thar led to her first goal of the season. Parker disrupted a pass in the defensive zone and Kelley did the rest, skating up the right wing and eventually sending the puck into the back of the net.
- In addition to Parker's five-point afternoon (3g, 2a), three other Terriers had multi-point games.
- Elia recorded a goal and two assists while Bach and Crossley both had a pair of helpers.
- Freshman Alexandra Calderone and junior Rebecca Leslie each recorded an assist, as did senior Samantha Sutherland.
- Hanson had a strong game between the pipes, making several tough stops as part of a 21-save performance.
- The Terriers avoided a winless weekend and have not dropped both games of a weekend series away from home since Jan. 24-25, 2014 (at Vermont).
- Sutherland and Davis have now recorded a point in four of the Terriers five games this season.
- Parker's last hat trick was while she was with Harvard - it came against Brown on Feb. 7, 2015.
- BU finished the weekend 9-of-10 on the penalty kill, including a perfect 5-of-5 performance on Saturday.
- BU will remain on the road but return to league play when the Terriers make the short trip to Matthews Arena to face Northeastern on Tuesday night at 7 p.m.