|1st||10:18||MND||1-0||EV||Demi Crossman (1)||Sidney Morin/2, Sydney Brodt/1|
|2nd||1:39||MND||2-0||EV||Brooklynn Schugel (1)||Sidney Morin/3|
|2nd||7:14||MND||3-0||EV GW||Lara Stalder (1)||Kateřina Mrázová/3, Sidney Morin/4|
|2nd||8:54||MND||4-0||EV||Ashleigh Brykaliuk (4)||Sydney Brodt/2, Linnea Hedin/1|
|2nd||18:03||MND||5-0||PP||Katherine McGovern (1)||Lara Stalder/2, Ashleigh Brykaliuk/1|
|3rd||14:04||BC||1-5||PP||Caitrin Lonergan (2)||Kate Annese/1, Kali Flanagan/2|
|3rd||17:58||BC||2-5||PP||Delaney Belinskas (1)||Toni Ann Miano/2, Bridget McCarthy/1|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston College (0-1-1)||2/4||8/24||0|
|Minnesota Duluth (1-0-1)||1/7||4/8||0|
|Boston College Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Katie Burt (L, 0-1-1)||40:00||5||5||11||0||16|
|Minnesota Duluth Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Maddie Rooney (W, 1-0-1)||60:00||2||6||9||12||27|
DULUTH, Minn. - Minnesota Duluth's four-goal second period put the No. 3 Boston College women's hockey team in too deep of a hole to recover as the Eagles fell, 5-2, to the Bulldogs in the second game of the teams' two-game set on Saturday afternoon.
Duluth (1-0-1) took a 1-0 lead into the first intermission, but came out with four goals in the second stanza to extend a five-goal edge. Boston College (0-1-1) chipped away at the lead late with a pair of power-play goals by freshmen Caitrin Lonergan and Delaney Belinskas to pull the final margin to three goals.
Minnesota Duluth 5, No. 3 Boston College 2
Saturday, October 1, 2016
AMSOIL Arena | Duluth, Minn.
- Three freshmen recorded their first career points today: Delaney Belinskas with a goal and both Kate Annese and Bridget McCarthy with assists
- Caitrin Lonergan notched her second goal - and second power-play goal - in as many games
- BC scored two power-play goals for the second time in as many games
HOW IT HAPPENED
1st, 10:18 | 0-1 - UMD GOAL || Demi Crossman tipped in Sidney Morin's high shot from the point, sneaking the puck past Katie Burt from the hash marks to give the Bulldogs a 1-0 lead
2nd, 1:39 | 0-2 - UMD GOAL || Morin broke up the Eagles' clearance attempt along the boards and her rising shot from the right point was tipped by Brooklynn Schugel in the slot.
2nd, 7:14 | 0-3 - UMD GOAL || Lara Stalder broke into the zone and ripped a shot off that found space just under the crossbar.
2nd, 8:54 | 0-4 - UMD GOAL || Ashleigh Brykaliuk scored her fourth of the series when she took her own rebound off the boards and put it into an open net.
2nd, 18:03 | 0-5 - UMD GOAL (5v3 PPG) || Katherine McGovern re-directed Stalder's centering pass, converting on the two-man advantage with just :03 left on the first penalty.
3rd, 14:04 | 1-5 - BC GOAL (PPG) || Caitrin Lonergan got the Eagles on the board and converted on BC's second power-play chance of the day, putting home the rebound of her own shot. Kate Annese and Kali Flanagan picked up assists on the goal.
3rd, 17:58 | 2-5 - BC GOAL (PPG) || Delaney Belinskas recorded her first career goal and converted the Eagles' second power-play goal of the game just :06 into the penalty. Kali Flanagan and Bridget McCarthy picked up assists on the goal.
Head coach Katie Crowley
"(Minnesota Duluth) played hard and they played well. And they caught us at the right time. Things would start going our way and then they'd put one in and shut us down a little bit - in both games, really. Overall, I think it's a good weekend for us to learn and go through things and help us pick up at the beginning of the year.'
"They played hard last night and battled back and they used that momentum to put a couple in on us early ... I thought we started playing better in the second, but then our captain gets hurt, our goaltender gets hurt, we have people in the box, people not playing and it got be where everyone on our bench played and I got to see some really good things from our freshmen ... I thought in the last 10 minutes we started going really well."
- Caitrin Lonergan recorded her second goal - and second power-play goal - in as many games of her collegiate career
- Delaney Belinskas notched her first career collegiate goal today
- Kate Annese and Bridget McCarthy both recorded their first-career assists in today's game, each picking up helpers on the late power-play goals
- Toni Ann Miano and Kali Flanagan also notched their second assists in as many games
- Gabri Switaj made her season debut in goal, playing the final period in net and making four saves in the scoreless stanza.
- Andie Anastos left the ice with an injury late in the first period after a check along the boards at center ice and did not return for the rest of the game.
- Today marked the most goals the Eagles have allowed to an opponent since an 8-6 win at Providence on Nov. 1, 2013
- The Eagles were whistled for 24 penalty minutes, the team's highest total since a 24-minute outing against Boston University on Feb. 19, 2015.
Boston College: 0-1-1
Minnesota Duluth: 1-0-1
The Eagles return home next weekend, Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 8 and 9, for a two-game set against Maine to open their Hockey East conference slate. Both games will face off at 2 p.m. at Conte Forum's Kelley Rink. The weekend is also Alumnae Weekend, and all former BC Eagles are welcome back for the weekend.