New Hampshire vs. No. 9 Boston University/No. 3 Quinnipiac - Fri. 10/7 at BU; Sat. 10/8 at UNH
- The Boston University Terriers and last week's Warrior Hockey Player of the Week, senior forward Samantha Sutherland (Cochrane, Alta.), look to start their season against Hockey East opponents 2-0, welcoming New Hampshire into Walter Brown after a weekend off. In their opening game, the Terriers topped Providence, 5-2.
- Last season BU swept the season series against UNH, scoring 17 goals across three games.
- UNH and current Wildcats scoring leader junior forward Julia Fedeski (Algonquin Heights, Ont.) look to bounce back after dropping a pair of road games last weekend at Colgate.
- Last year Quinnipiac shut out UNH in their only meeting, UNH looks for the win in their 2016 - 2017 home opener
Providence vs. RIT - Fri/ 10/7, Sat. 10/8 at RIT
- Senior forward Cassidy Carels (Bruxelles, Man.) and the Providence College Friars look to put the stop to a three-game skid this weekend and capture their first win of the 2016-17 season.
- Last year, PC captured a pair of wins in both games against RIT, scoring eight goals and holding the opposition to just two goals over two games.
- The Friars have nine different players who have recorded at least one point over the first three games.
Merrimack vs. No. 7 Colgate - Fri. 10/7, Sat. 10/8 at Colgate
- Returning east after splitting a series at St. Cloud State, the Merrimack College Warriors hit the ice for a two game set with Colgate in Hamilton, N.Y.
- Reigning Warrior Hockey Player of the Week, sophomore forward Katelyn Rae (Courtice, Ont.), looks to keep up the pace against the seventh ranked women's team in the country.
- Merrimack and Colgate split an October series last year, 1-1, at Merrimack. In a 4-2 win in game two of the series, then-freshman goaltender Samantha Ridgewell (Outlook, Sask.) made 47 saves.
UConn vs. No. 3 Quinnipiac - Fri. 10/7 at UConn
- Fresh off a sweep of Union on the road, the UConn Huskies take home ice for the first time this season and look start the season 3-0 against in-state rival, No. 3 Quinnipiac.
- Eleven different Huskies skaters have recorded a point this season, with junior forward Theresa Knutson (Onalaska, Wis.) and current Pro Ambitions Rookie of the Week freshman forward Briana Colangelo (Whitby, Ont.) leading the way at three points each.
- With 120 minutes between the pipes already, junior goaltender Annie Belanger (Sherbrooke, Que.) backboned the Huskies to two wins and has made 44 saves thus far while allowing just two goals.
Northeastern vs. Lindenwood - Fri. 10/7, Sat. 10/8; at Lindenwood
- Despite an offensive flurry of five goals against St. Lawrence in last Saturday's contest, Northeastern dropped both games of a two-game home stand.
- Last season, Northeastern was edged in its only game against Lindenwood, 4-2, on October 10. The Huskies are in search of their first win of the season behind junior forward and team scoring leader McKenna Brand (Nevis, Minn./2g) and leading point-getter junior forward Denisa Krizova (Horni Cerekev, Czech Republic/1g, 2a).
Maine vs. No. 5 Boston College - Sat. 10/8, Sun 10/9 at BC
- After dropping one game and tying another in Duluth, the fifth-ranked Eagles take to the ice in Conte Forum for their home opener against familiar Hockey East opponent Maine.
- Maine's freshmen have led the way for the Black Bears on the score sheet, with forward Vendula Pribylova (Olomouc, Czech Republic) and Tereza Vanisova (Strakonice, Czech Republic) accounting for two goals, five assists, and seven points between them through four games
- BC hits back with their own freshman forward with Caitrin Lonergan (Roslindale, Mass.) who scored a goal in each of the games against Minnesota Duluth.
- The Black Bears seek revenge on the Eagles after BC took the season series 5-0-0 last season, including a two game sweep to knock Maine out in the WHEA Quarterfinals at Conte Forum.
No. 9 Boston University vs. Vermont - Sun. 10/9 at UVM
- Vermont and Boston University have both started off the season 1-0-0, and will meet in Vermont's home opener at Gutterson Fieldhouse.
- The Catamounts powered their way to a 5-1 win on the road Tuesday night at Union. Freshman forward Eve-Audrey Picard (Longueuil, Que.) and junior forward Mackenzie MacNeil (Richmond Hills, Ont.) both recorded two goals apiece in the outing.
- BU took the 2016-17 season series, 2-1-0, and downed the Catamounts in the Hockey East Quarterfinals in three games, eliminating UVM for the second consecutive year.