Merrimack at #7 Princeton
- Merrimack rolls out of the holiday break with a two-game road set at #7 Princeton to cap the 2018 calendar year.
- The Warriors are 2-3-0 in their last five, but entered the semester break with their first-ever victory over #9 Boston College. Goaltender Sam Ridgewell (Outlook, Sask.) kicked out a career-high 51 saves in a 1-0 blanking of the Eagles on Dec. 8.
- Merrimack currently sits in fourth place in the Army ROTC Hockey East Standings with a 7-6-1 mark in league play and 11-6-2 overall. They have the fourth-best team offense (2.86) and team defense (2.07) at the halfway mark of the year.
- On December 20, three skaters on the 2018-19 Warriors roster were selected in the 2018 National Women's Hockey League (NWHL) entry draft, the first three Merrimack players to be so honored to continue their professional career. The MC selections included Dominique Kremer (West Fargo, N.D./Connecticut Whale), Katelyn Rae (Courtice, Ont./Connecticut Whale), and Paige Voight (St. Michael, Minn./Metropolitan Riveters).
-• Merrimack's 4-0-1 record in out-of-conference play is on the line in its final two non-league games of the 2018-19 season. The Warriors are currently 2-0-1 in such games on the road.
Boston University vs. Penn State
- The Boston University Terriers own a five-game winning streak as they welcome the Penn State Nittany Lions to Walter Brown Arena to close out the 2018 calendar year.
- In the Terriers' most recent win, Jesse Compher (Northbrook, Ill.) pushed her personal point streak to 13 games (10g, 19a) with her eighth multi-point effort in her last nine outings. She also owns a 13-game assist streak, the longest such run in the country.
- In an 8-0 win over RIT on December 8, eight different Terriers found the back of the net. Boston University's offensive outburst included the Terriers' going six for nine in power play opportunities, tying the NCAA record for most power-play goals in a game. The Terriers were the first team to score six times on the power play in a single game since Dartmouth did so on January 30, 2009.
- Boston University stands at 5-4-4 in Hockey East play, good for fifth in the Army ROTC Hockey East Standings, and 8-4- 4 overall. The Terriers' two outings against Penn State are the final non-conference games, save for the annual Beanpot games, in the 2018-19 season. Boston University is currently 3-0-0 in non-league tilts.
UConn vs. Dartmouth
- UConn caps its 2018 year with a one-game home stand against Dartmouth. The Huskies return to action for the first time since December 1, when they knocked off then-#8 Providence, 2-1, on the road. It was the first time in 2018-19 that a road team won at Providence, while also snapping a nine-game win streak for the Friars.
- In the victory, head coach Chris MacKenzie recorded his 100th career win behind the UConn bench.
- UConn is currently tied for sixth in the Army ROTC Hockey East Standings alongside Maine and New Hampshire. With its 4-7-1 mark in league play, and 8-9-1 record overall, the Huskies have three games in hand on the top three teams in the conference.
- The one-game stint against Dartmouth will be UConn's seventh and final non-conference game of the year. The Huskies are currently 4-2-0 outside of Hockey East, including a 2-0-0 mark at home in those contests.