|1st||9:42||CON||1-0||EV||Zac Robbins (1)||Max Kalter/4, David Drake/4|
|2nd||11:02||UNH||1-1||EV||Charlie Kelleher (3)||Ara Nazarian/8, Max Gildon/12|
|2nd||19:34.1||UNH||2-1||EV||Anthony Wyse (4)||-|
|3rd||16:43||CON||2-2||EV||Jesse Schwartz (8)||Adam Karashik/3, Karl El-Mir/11|
|3rd||18:55||CON||3-2||EV GW||Spencer Naas (7)||Benjamin Freeman/8, Joseph Masonius/8|
|3rd||19:42.1||CON||4-2||SH EN||Corey Ronan (2)||Joseph Masonius/9, Max Kalter/5|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|New Hampshire (9-12-4)||0/4||3/6||0|
|Tanner Creel (W, 2-2-0)||60:00||2||12||8||4||24|
|New Hampshire Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Daniel Tirone (L, 9-11-4)||59:30||3||11||7||6||24|
DURHAM, N.H. - The Huskies scored three late goals as the University of New Hampshire men's hockey team fell to UConn, 4-2, at the Whittemore Center on Friday night. Freshman Charlie Kelleher (Longmeadow, Mass.) and sophomore Anthony Wyse (Newton, Mass.) each scored goals for the Wildcats.
- The Wildcats return to action on Saturday, Jan. 27 as they face UConn at the XL Center at 3:30 p.m.
NEXT HOME GAME (UMass-Feb. 3)
- After UNH plays at Northeastern on Feb. 2, the Wildcats will return to the Whittemore Center on Saturday, Feb. 3 to take on UMass at 7:00 p.m. The game will be Mascot Night and Coach Umile Commemorative Pin #3 Giveaway. Tickets can be purchased at the Whittemore Center Box Office, online at UNHWildcats.com or by calling 603-862-4000.
Score: UConn 4, New Hampshire 2
Records: UNH (9-13-4, 4-8-3 HEA); UConn (11-16-2, 7-11-1 HEA)
Location: Durham, N.H. (Whittemore Center)
Date: Friday, Jan. 26, 2018
Time: 7:00 p.m.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- UConn opened the scoring at 9:42 of the first period. Max Kalter ripped a shot from the blue line, which was tipped by Zac Robbins to the back of the net which gave UConn a 1-0 lead.
- Each team took 12 shots, while both teams went 0-2 for the power play.
- At 11:02 of the second period, junior Ara Nazarian (Boxford, Mass.) sent a pass to Kelleher who slid the puck into the back corner of the net past Tanner Creel to tie the game 1-1.
- Through a crowd of players and past Creel, Wyse sent a wrist shot from the top left faceoff circle with 25 seconds left in the second period to give the Wildcats the 2-1 lead going into the third period.
- Jesse Schwartz of UConn sent a shot to the back of the net from inside the crease to tie the game 2-2 at 16:43 of the third period.
- Spencer Naas then fired a slap-shot from the left faceoff circle to give the Huskies a 3-2 lead with 1:05 left in the third period.
- Corey Ronan clinched the victory with a shorthanded empty net goal with 18 seconds left.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- UConn outshot UNH, 28-26.
- The Wildcats went 0-4 on the power play, while UConn went 0-3.
- UConn secured 40 face-offs, while UNH won 31.
- Tirone and Creel each posted 24 saves.
BE PART OF THE ACTION THIS SEASON
- All fans can purchase tickets at the Whittemore Center Box Office, online at UNHWildcats.com or by calling 603-862-4000.
- There are numerous ways to stay connected with the UNH men's hockey team. Follow the Wildcats on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.