|1st||12:03||BC||1-0||PP||Logan Hutsko (4)||Casey Fitzgerald/9, David Cotton/12|
|2nd||12:29||PRV||1-1||PP||Kasper Björkqvist (10)||Brian Pinho/13, Jacob Bryson/16|
|2nd||12:37||PRV||2-1||EV GW||Brandon Duhaime (5)||Greg Printz/4, Vincent Desharnais/6|
|3rd||19:13||PRV||3-1||EV EN||Brian Pinho (10)||-|
|3rd||19:57||PRV||4-1||EV EN||Josh Wilkins (8)||Erik Foley/15, Vincent Desharnais/7|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston College (10-9-3)||1/3||5/10||0|
|Hayden Hawkey (W, 15-7-0)||59:59||1||6||6||7||19|
|Boston College Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Joseph Woll (L, 7-7-2)||58:03||2||2||20||7||29|
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - No. 16 Boston College scored a power play goal to start things off midway through the first period but No. 11 Providence answered with two goals eight seconds apart in the second period and went on to claim a 4-1 victory on Friday night at Kelley Rink.
Freshman Logan Hutsko tallied his second power play goal of the season while David Cotton extended his point streak to six games with the helper. Junior captain Casey Fitzgerald also assisted on the play.
Providence added two empty-net goals in the final minute of regulation to ice the 4-1 contest.
No. 11 Providence - 4 / No. 16 Boston College - 1
Kelley Rink / Chestnut Hill, Mass.
Providence (15-7-1 / 8-4-1 HEA) / No. 13 Boston College - (10-9-3 / 10-4-0 HEA)
BC HIGHLIGHTS & GAME NOTES
- Freshman Logan Hutsko scored his second power play goal of the season and first since netting one at St. Cloud on Oct. 20. The Tampa, Fla. native curbed a 10-game scoring drought.
- Sophomore David Cotton extended his point streak to a career-best six games with the secondary assist on Hutsko's power play goal. The Parker, Texas native has accounted for at least one point in nine of his last 10 outings.
- Captain Casey Fitzgerald also assisted on the play, marking his ninth assist on the season.
- Sophomore goaltender Joseph Woll stopped 29-of-33 shots, including 20 shots in the second period, in the loss to move to 7-7-2 on the season.
FIRST GOAL (1-0 - Boston College) FIRST PERIOD - Logan Hutsko - 12:03 - POWER PLAY
- Boston College took advantage of its first power play opportunity of the night midway through the first period on a tip in front by Logan Hutsko. After Providence got caught with too many men, David Cotton quarterbacked the play from the far corner with a one-timer pass to Casey Fitzgerald up top. Hutsko finagled his way in between the circles and tipped Fitzgerald's blast past PC netminder Hayden Hawkey at 12:03 for the 1-0 lead on the power play tally.
SECOND GOAL (1-1 - Providence) SECOND PERIOD - Kasper Bjorqvist - 12:29 - POWER PLAY
- Providence tied things up midway through the second period, taking advantage of a Michael Karow tripping call. Jacob Bryson generated the scoring play by flinging the puck towards the crease. Boston College's Joseph Woll made the initial stop but Brian Pinho got his stick in just in time to jostle the puck loose to Kasper Bjorkvist out front. With Woll still trying to get in position, Bjorkqvist roofed it on the power play at 12:29 to tie it up, 1-1.
THIRD GOAL (2-1 - Providence) SECOND PERIOD - Brandon Duhaime - 12:37 - EVEN STRENGTH
- Eight seconds later on the ensuing draw, Providence claimed its first lead of the night by dumping the puck behind the net and stripping it from Woll. Vincent Desharnais tossed the puck behind the net from the neutral zone and Greg Printz sprinted and chased it down, pilfering it from Woll's stick. Brandon Duhaime skated into the zone, accepted Printz's pass and lobbed into the wide-open net at 12:37 to make it a 2-1 Friar lead.
FOURTH GOAL (3-1 - Providence) THIRD PERIOD - Brian Pinho - 19:13 - EMPTY NETTER
- Boston College called a time out with 2:28 left in the third period and Providence iced the contest after Brian Pinho added an empty netter. Pinho broke up BC's extra-man cycle and skated it alone into the unguarded net with 47.2 seconds left to extend the lead, 3-1, with minimal time left.
FIFTH GOAL (4-1 - Providence) THIRD PERIOD - Josh Wilkins - 19:57 - EMPTY NETTER
- The Friars added another empty netter with three seconds left in regulation after Desharnais chipped it off the glass to Erik Foley on PC's blue line. Josh Wilkins raced ahead of the play, accepted Foley's pass onsides and finalized the game at 4-1 with Providence's second empty-net goal of the night.
BOSTON COLLEGE GAME LEADERS
Points Logan Hutsko (1 - 0 - 1) / Casey Fitzgerald (0 - 1 - 1) / David Cotton (0 - 1 - 1)
Goals: Logan Hutsko (1 - 0 - 1) Assists: Casey Fitzgerald (0 - 1 - 1) / David Cotton (0 - 1 - 1)
Shots: Logan Hutsko ( 4 )
Providence: 1 - for - 5
Boston College: 1 - for - 3
Providence: 3 - for - 6
Boston College: 5 - for - 10
BOSTON COLLEGE LINES
Cotton - Jul. Mattila - Dudek
Jes. Mattila - McPhee - Brown
Grando - Hutsko - Tortora
Carreau - Greco - Walker
Karow - Fitzgerald
Kim - Lohan
Boston College stays home to close out the regular season series against New Hampshire on a 1 p.m. Sunday matinee on Jan. 14 at Kelley Rink. BC will have the upcoming weekend off before hosting UMass on Tuesday, Jan. 23 at 7 p.m.