NORTH ANDOVER, MA — Matt Vokes and Antonin Roux scored in the opening 2:18 of the third period as Brown University rallied from a two-goal deficit to force a 3-3 tie with Merrimack College in non-conference action Saturday night at Lawler Arena.

Senior netminder Jim Healey (Holyrood, N.F.) made 34 saves in goal for the Warriors, who have now earned points in consecutive contests and stand at 1-4-1 on the season. The game marked the start of the season for the Bears.

Junior Hank Carisio (Cheshire, CT) put the Warriors in front 1-0 with 1:02 remaining in the first. Freshman defenseman David Burkholder (West Seneca, NY) blasted a shot from the point that was stopped by Bears goalie Mark Sibbald, but Carisio pounced on the rebound and fired it into an empty net for his third goal of the season. The assist was the first of Burkholder’s career while classmate Brandon Sadlowski (St. Paul, Alta.) picked up the second assist on the play, his first career point.

The Bears rallied back to tie the game at one at 5:46 of the second period when Chris Poli’s shot eluded Healey. Eric Slais and Paul Baier received assists on the play. The Warriors regained the lead at 11:08 on freshman J.C. Robitaille’s (Des Ruisseaux, Quebec) second goal of the season. Senior Mike Alexiou (Pickering, Ontario) slid a pass to freshman Joe Loprieno (Bloomingdale, IL) at the right point, who’s shot his traffic in front. The puck found Robitaille at the right side of the net for the goal to put MC in front 2-1.

Merrimack tacked on another goal at 12:36 of the second to push the lead to 3-1. Senior captain Ryan Sullivan (Toronto, Ontario) took a shot from the left point that trickled through Sibbald and was poked in by senior Matt Byrnes (Denver, CO). Sophomore Brock Wilson (St. Louis, MO) started the play and received the second assist.

The second period ended with the Bears holding a 25-13 edge in shots. However, the Warriors capitalized ended the period 3-for-5 on the power play.

In the third, Vokes’ power play goal 30 seconds in brought Brown to within a goal at 3-2 as his sharp angle shot went off Healey and into the net. Just 1:48 later, Roux fired a shot just off a face-off in the Warriors’ zone off a pass from Sean Dersch to knot the game at three. Jeremy Russell picked up the primary assist on Vokes’ goal while Sean Muncy tacked on the second assist on the equalizer.

MC outshot the Bears 2-1 in the overtime period as Brown finished 37 shots compared to 21 for the Warriors. Sibbald finished the night with 18 saves.

The Warriors return to action this Friday when they travel to Orono, Maine for a 7 p.m. contest against top-ranked Maine.