Director, Corporate Sales – Hockey East Sports Properties
Play By Play Sports, LLC (PBP) and the Hockey East Association (HEA) are seeking to hire an entrepreneurial, proactive, sports sales and marketing executive as the Director of Sales for the Hockey East Sports Properties (HESP) business unit, located in Wakefield, MA. This position will report to the SVP of Play By Play Sports, LLC.
- Developing high-level "title" sponsorships for the men's and women's Hockey East Tournaments.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- Manage and renew current sponsorship portfolio, solicit new corporate sponsor prospects and generate corporate sponsorship revenues for HESP throughout various inventory, including but not limited to radio/television, branding/signage, social/digital media, print, corporate hospitality, event marketing, and corporate partner cause marketing programs
- Create a high volume of new corporate sponsorship sales contacts within the greater Boston markets, and throughout the New England Region
- Responsible for an aggressive new business cash sales goal to drive revenues to HESP
- Implement media, marketing, branding and community based partnerships to increase brand recognition and revenues for HESP
- Oversee the implementation of all benefits negotiated in regard to corporate sponsorship packages, i.e. broadcast assets, advertising deadlines, signage proofs, and corporate fulfillment
- Work effectively with the SVP on creation and implementation of the annual marketing plan to improve overall sponsorship operations with emphasis on enhancing the brand of the institution and athletic department regionally and nationally
Minimum Education requirement
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of corporate sales experience
- Successful track record of closing corporate sponsorships in the Boston / New England region
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills and a team-oriented individual
- Self starter with ability to work independently
- Collegiate/professional sports team sales experience
- Knowledge/experience of collegiate athletics
- Strong familiarity with Hockey East and member institutions
- Position reports directly to the SVP of Play By Play Sports, LLC based in Long Island, NY
- Position will have secondary reporting requirements to the Hockey East office staff
- The Director of Sales shares in setting priorities and determines the sales approach within the guidelines of PBP and HESP policies
Compensation / Location
- Position will be located in Wakefield, MA (conference office)
- Compensation package commensurate with experience
- Salary plus bonus/commission
- Health benefits
- 2 weeks vacation per year
- Simple IRA retirement account benefits
- Approved travel and expense reimbursement
Interested parties to send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Hockey East Sports Properties is a subsidiary of Play By Play Sports, LLC (PBP), and is a for profit enterprise contracted by HEA as their exclusive multi-media marketing partner. PBP is a national sports marketing firm headquartered in South Bend, IN with partnerships with the University of Notre Dame, the Army-Navy game, Ball State University, Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment / The Nassau Coliseum, the Atlantic Hockey Association, ECAC Hockey and Hockey East Association.