No. 4 Boston College vs. New Hampshire/vs. No. 9 Boston University- Fri. 2/5 at BC, Mon. 2/8 at TD Garden
- Boston College took over the top spot in Hockey East with a win over Notre Dame last weekend in South Bend. The Eagles skated to a 4-0 victory behind a 28 save blanking by Thatcher Demko (San Diego, Calif.). Demko's shutout was his eighth of the season, tying the Boston College single season record set by Corey Schneider (Marblehead, Mass.).
- The Eagles carried momentum in the 64th annual Beanpot Monday, defeating No. 7 Harvard in the opening round, 3-2, at TD Garden in Boston, Mass. Hockey East leading point-getter Colin White (Hanover, Mass.) recorded a goal and an assist, including the game-winner in his first Beanpot game. White now has a season stat line of 16-19--35.
- Boston College (10-1-4) now sits atop of Hockey East with 24 points.
- New Hampshire (3-7-4) is tied for ninth in the league going into the weekend with 10 points, just one point out of seventh place. The Wildcats are looking to jump into position to host home ice in the opening round, as seeds 5-8 host.
- New Hampshire was defeated by then-No. 4 Providence Friday night, 3-1, before bouncing back Saturday with a 3-1 victory.
- The Wildcats were led by a strong performance by Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week Daniel Tirone (Trumbull, Conn.). Tirone finished the weekend with 69 saves, one win, and a 2.00 goals against average. Tyler Kelleher (Longmeadow, Mass.) chipped in with a goal and an assist on the weekend and now has an NCAA-best 30 assists on the year.
No. 6 Providence College vs. Maine - Fri. 2/5, Sat. 2/6 at Maine
- Providence College (8-3-3) enters February tied with Boston University for fourth with 19 points in league play. The Friars split a weekend series with New Hampshire at Schneider Arena, as Providence skated to a 3-1 victory Friday night before falling on Saturday night, 3-1.
- Warrior Hockey Player of the Month for January Trevor Mingoia (Fairport, N.Y.) scored a goal and two assists for three points in the weekend split. He finished the month tied for the league lead with 12 points (5g, 7a).
- Blaine Byron (Ottawa, Ont.) led the way for the Black Bears in a weekend sweep of UMass. Byron tallied five points on two goals and three assists. Byron now has points in five straight games.
- Maine (4-8-2) sits tied with New Hampshire for ninth place in Hockey East with 10 points, as they battle down the stretch for home ice in the opening series of the Hockey East Tournament.
No. 8 UMass Lowell vs. Northeastern/vs. New Hampshire - Fri. 2/5, Sat. 2/6 at UML
- UMass Lowell hosted Arizona State for a pair at the Tsongas Center last weekend. The River Hawks downed the Sun Devils, 4-1, Friday night, and 8-1 on Saturday night.
- Warrior Player of the Week C.J Smith (Des Moines, Iowa) tallied five points on the weekend, scoring four goals and adding an assist, including a netting his first collegiate hat trick Saturday. Smith leads all River Hawk skaters with 28 points on 13 goals and 15 assists.
- Saturday's 8-1 victory over Arizona State was senior Kevin Boyle's (Manalapan, N.J.) 50th career victory and 100th collegiate career game started between the pipes.
- Heading into this weekend, UMass Lowell (10-3-3) sits in second place in Hockey East with 23 points.
No. 9 Boston University vs. UMass/vs. No. 4 Boston College- Fri. 2/5 at UMass, Mon. 2/8 at TD Garden
- Boston University (8-4-4) prepares for the Beanpot championship game tied for fourth with Providence in Hockey East play with 19 points. The Terriers shutout Merrimack, 4-0, last Friday night. Matt Lane (Rochester, N.Y.) tallied three points in the game on a goal and two assists.
- The Terriers rolled into the Beanpot Monday night to face a red-hot Northeastern team in the opening round of the tournament. Boston University prevailed, 3-1, and will meet Boston College in the title game at 7:30pm Monday night.
- Senior Danny O'Regan (Needham, Mass.) extended his point streak to eight games last week, tallying a goal against Merrimack and adding an assist on the game-winner against Northeastern.
No. 10 Notre Dame vs. Vermont - Fri. 2/5, Sat. 2/6 at UVM
- Notre Dame (10-2-2) sits in third place with 22 points while Vermont (5-7-2) is sixth with 12 points entering a two-game set at Gutterson Fieldhouse in Burlington, Vermont.
- In its only game last weekend, Notre Dame was shutout by Boston College, 4-0, at Compton Family Ice Arena.
- Cal Petersen (Waterloo, Iowa) made his 26th consecutive start this season for the Irish and his 39th straight game started dating back to last season. Petersen made 35 saves for the Irish in the 4-0 defeat.
- Vermont enjoyed a bye week last week, but the Catamounts are coming off two big victories from the previous week against UConn and Massachusetts that moved the Catamounts into the sixth spot in Hockey East.
- Brendan Bradley (Richboro, Pa.) exploded for four points against UMass two weeks ago, scoring on an open net and chipping in a season-high three assists.
UMass vs. No. 9 Boston University/vs. American International - Fri. 2/5 at UMass, Tues. 2/9 at MassMutal Center
- UMass was swept in a weekend series at the Mullins Center last weekend against Maine. The Minutemen were defeated Friday night, 5-2, and than fell to the Black Bears again Saturday night, 5-4.
- Ray Pigozzi (Evanston, Ill.) tallied assists in both games for the Minutemen and now has points in three straight games.
- UMass sits in 12th in Hockey East with eight points, but are only separated from the eighth slot, and home ice in the playoffs, by a mere three points with five Hockey East tilts remaining.
UConn vs. Merrimack - Sat. 2/6 at MC
- Connecticut (4-8-3), is tied for seventh in Hockey East with 11 points, heads to Lawler Arena for a single game with Merrimack (2-8-5). The Warriors sit in 11th on the league table with nine points.
- UConn defeated Brown this past Tuesday, 3-1, at the XL Center. Sophomore Steve Thulin (North Reading, Mass.) picked up his first career victory as a Husky in a 30-save effort in his second start of this career.
- Freshman Max Letunov (Moscow, Russia) netted a goal in the 3-1 victory over Brown and now has points in seven straight games and goals in five straight.
- Merrimack defeated Arizona State, 10-0, at Lawler Arena Sunday afternoon. Fourteen different Warrior skaters found the score sheet on Sunday, including seven multipoint games. Pro Ambitions Rookie of the Week Derek Petti (Tewksbury, Mass.) netted two goals and dished out three assists for five points in the game.
- Chris Leblanc (Winthrop, Mass.) tallied three points on two goals and an assist.
Northeastern vs. UMass Lowell/vs. No. 7 Harvard - Fri. 2/5 at UML, Mon. 2/8 at TD Garden (Boston, Mass.)
- Northeastern's only game of the week was a 3-1 defeat in the opening round of the Beanpot against No. 9 Boston University.
- John Stevens (Sea Isle City, N.J.) netted his eighth goal of the year late in the third period of the Beanpot to cut Boston University's lead to 2-1, but the Huskies were unable to complete the rally. Northeastern meets UMass Lowell Friday for a single Hockey East game before returning to TD Garden to face off with No. 7 Harvard in the thirdplace game of the Beanpot.
- Northeastern (4-8-3) went undefeated in January and is currently tied for seventh in Hockey East with UConn with 11 points.