No. 4 Providence vs. New Hampshire - Fri. 1/29, Sat. 1/30 at PC
- Providence split a weekend series with UMass Lowell last weekend, defeating the River Hawks, 4-2, on Friday, before falling on Saturday, 3-1. The Friars (7-2-3) now are tied for fourth in Hockey East with 17 points.
- Brandon Tanev (Toronto, Ont.) found the back of the net twice in the series for the Friars, and now has points in five straight contests, including goals in three straight.
- New Hampshire fell to Notre Dame last Friday, 5-1, and then was defeated at the Whittemore Center again on Saturday, 3-2.
- Senior goaltender Jamie Regan (Chagrin Falls, Ohio) made his first start of the season for the Wildcats on Saturday and made 26 saves, 14 of which came in the first period.
- Providence (12-7-2) is tied for fourth in Hockey East with Boston University with 17 points, while New Hampshire (2- 6-4) is tied for 10th with eight points and just three away from home ice in the playoffs.
No. 5 Boston College vs. No. 9/10 Notre Dame/vs. Harvard- Fri. 1/29 at ND, Mon. 2/1 at TD Garden
- Head coach Jerry York recorded his 1,000th career victory in a road defeat of UMass, 8-0, Friday night. Thirteen different Eagle skaters found the score sheet in Coach York's milestone victory.
- The Eagles finished the weekend back at Conte Forum Saturday and skated to a 3-3 draw with UConn.
- Freshman Colin White (Hanover, Mass.) registered three points on the weekend (2g, 1a) and now leads Hockey East in point scoring with 14-17--31.
- Notre Dame swept a weekend series at the Whittemore Center last weekend. The Irish defeated New Hampshire, 5-1, on Friday night, and followed up with a 3-2 victory on Saturday.
- Mario Lucia (Plymouth, Minn.) finished the weekend with four points (1g, 3a), including two game-winning goals. Anders Bjork (Mequon, Wis.) extended his point streak to 10 games, registering a goal and an assist on the weekend. He now has 7-8--15 through that stretch.
- Notre Dame has the longest unbeaten streak in the nation at 12 games (9-0-3).
- Notre Dame (10-1-2) and Boston College (9-1-4) are deadlocked in second place with 22 points each. Notre Dame won the first game of the series on December 10 at Conte Forum, 4-3.
Merrimack vs. No. 10/9 Boston University/vs. Arizona State - Fri. 1/29 at BU, Sun. 1/31 at MC
- Merrimack takes on Boston University Friday night before Arizona State comes to town for a non-league game at Lawler Arena.
- Merrimack was swept in a series with Northeastern last weekend. Brett Seney (London, Ont.) found the back of the net twice for the Warriors last weekend and now has goals in three straight games.
- Merrimack (2-7-5) is in ninth place in the league standings with nine points and is sitting just two points shy of the eighth spot for home ice in the opening round of the Hockey East Tournament.
No. 8 UMass Lowell vs. Arizona State - Fri. 1/29, Sat. 1/30 at UML
- UMass Lowell split a home-and-home series with Providence last weekend. The River Hawks fell 4-2 on Friday night, but rallied on Saturday with a 3-1 victory.
- Saturday's ROTC first star of the game Michael Kapla (Eau Claire, Wisc.) registered a goal and an assist in the victory while Adam Chapie (Oxford, Mich.) dished out two assists.
- Kevin Boyle (Manalapan, N.J.) made 20 saves en route to recording a victory on Saturday and improving his record to 15-5-4 on the year.
- The River Hawks (10-3-3) currently stand atop Hockey East with 23 points as they open this non-league series with Arizona State. The winner of the Boston College vs. Notre Dame game will move into first place.
No. 10/9 Boston University vs. Merrimack/vs. Northeastern - Fri. 1/29 at BU, Mon. 2/1 at TD Garden
- Boston University swept Maine last weekend in a rare home-and-home. The Terriers were led in Friday night's, 5-2 victory by a four-point effort from Warrior Player of the Week Ahti Oksanen (Kirkkonummi, Finland) (2g, 2a). Oksanen finished the weekend with six points dishing out two assists in Saturday's 6-1 win.
- Senior goaltender Sean Maguire (Powell River, B.C.) stopped 54 of 57 shots on the weekend to earn both wins. The Terriers face off with Merrimack Friday before taking on Northeastern in the Beanpot semifinal.
- Northeastern extended its win streak to six games with a sweep of Merrimack and the Huskies are now unbeaten in their last seven tilts (6-0-1).
- The Huskies were led by Pro Ambitions Rookie of the Week Adam Gaudette (Braintree, Mass.), who extended his point streak to seven games (3-9-12), by registering three points on the weekend (1g, 2a).
- Mike McMurty (Greely, Ont.) also extended his point streak to nine games (3-11-14) tallying four points on the weekend (1g, 3a).
- Boston University (7-4-3) is tied for fourth in Hockey East with 17 points and the surging Huskies of Northeastern (4-8-3) are tied with UConn in seventh with 11 points.
UConn vs. Brown - Tue. 2/2 at UConn
- UConn fell to Vermont last Friday, 4-2, at the XL Center. Tage Thompson (Orange, Conn.) registered his NCAA leading ninth power-play goal of the year in the loss. Thompson is second on the team in points with a 10-12--22 line.
- The Huskies headed to Conte Forum Saturday and skated to a 3-3 draw with Boston College. Tanner Creel (Arlington Heights, Ill.) replaced the injured Rob Nichols (Dallas, Tex.) and made 28 saves in the tie.
- Connecticut was back at it Tuesday night at the XL Center and was downed by former Atlantic Hockey foe Sacred Heart, 6-4. Leading Husky point-getter Max Letunov (Moscow, Russia) (13g, 16a) extended his point streak to six games and goal streak to four games by notching two goals in Tuesday night's defeat.
- UConn (4-8-3) is currently tied for seventh in the Hockey East standings with 11 points.
Maine vs. UMass - Fri. 1/29, Sat. 1/30 at UMass
- Maine was swept in a weekend series with Boston University last weekend. The Black Bears fell at home Friday night, 5-2, before traveling to Agganis Arena on Saturday and falling, 6-1, to the Terriers.
- Cam Brown (Natick, Mass.) and Blaine Byron (Ottawa, Ont.) notched a goal and an assist each in Friday night's setback.
- Massachusetts was swept at the Mullins Center last weekend. Boston College defeated the Minutemen, 8-0, before Vermont clipped tripped them up, 6-4, on Saturday.
- Dennis Kravchenko (Laguna Niguel, Calif.) notched two goals for the Minuteman in Saturday's game. Goaltender Nic Renyard (Victoria, B.C) made 40 saves in that loss.
- Maine (2-8-2) currently sits in 12th in Hockey East with six points, while UMass (2-9-4) is tied for 10th with eight points.