No. 1 Providence vs. Northeastern - Fri. 11/20 at PC, Sat. 11/21 at NU
- Last week, top-ranked Providence ran its unbeaten streak to 14 games with two draws in two games against No. 11/10 Boston University.
- Sophomore defenseman Jake Walman (Toronto, Ont.) netted two goals in Saturday's 3-3 tie at Boston University; Walman now leads the nation in goals with nine tallies. Junior goaltender Nick Ellis (Millersville, Md.) received Warrior Hockey East Player of the Week honors, after stopping 73 shots to earn a 1.85 goals against average and .948 save percentage.
- Northeastern was able to grab a crucial point in league play at then-No. 18 Notre Dame last Friday with a 2-2 tie after dropping a 3-2 decision Thursday night.
- The Huskies were tied the game at two goals apiece by way of a Matt Benning (St. Albert, Alb.) power- play goal with just 4:07 remaining in the game.
No. 3/2 Boston College vs. New Hampshire/vs. UConn - Sat. 11/20 at UNH, Tues. 11/24 at UConn
- No. 3/2 Boston College defeated Michigan State in a 6-4 thriller last Friday, its only game of the weekend.
- Boston College now has five players of the top six players with the highest overall plus/minus rating in Hockey East as Casey Fitzgerald (North Reading, Mass.) ranks plus-15, while Ryan Fitzgerald (North Reading, Mass.), Colin White (Hanover, Mass.), Ian McCoshen (Hudson, Wis.) all rank plus-13 and Scott Savage (San Clemente, Calif.) boasts a plus-11.
- White has now recorded a point in five straight games after a two-goal, one-assist performance against MSU. During that span, the rookie forward has 12 points on four goals and eight assists.
- UConn is in the middle of a stretch of playing four of three games on Tuesday night at the XL Center, and will once again meet the Eagles next Tuesday. Last year, UConn downed then-No.5 Boston College at the XL Center, 1-0, in the first home Hockey East contest in program history.
No. 5 UMass Lowell vs. 15/16 Notre Dame - Fri. 11/20, Sat. 11/21 at UML
- No. 5 UMass Lowell swept a home-and-home series with Maine last weekend, defeating them 2-1 Friday night at the Tsongas Center and 6-0 Sunday afternoon at Alfond Arena.
- Kevin Boyle (Manalapan, N.J.) earned his third shutout of the year and collected Hockey East Co-Defensive Player of the Week accolades. Boyle now ranks fourth in the nation in goals against average with a 1.26 GAA.
- No. 15/16 Notre Dame was able to come away with three points in a two-game homestand with Northeastern last weekend, winning a 3-2 game Thursday and tying, 2-2, Friday night.
- Thomas DiPauli (Caldaro, Italy) is now tied for first in Hockey East play with a plus-six rating.
No. 11/10 Boston University vs. No. 12 Michigan/ vs. Bentley - Fri. 11/20, Sat. 11/21, Tues. 11/24 at BU
- The Terriers are coming off back-to-back draws with the No. 1 team in the country, Providence College, last weekend in a home-and-home series. Rookie forward Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson (Stockholm, Sweden) is tied for first in Hockey East freshman scoring with eight points on three goals and five assists. JFK was named Pro Ambitions Hockey East Rookie of the Week after factoring in on all four of BU's goals against Providence. He tallied two goals and two assists for four points, including three points in the third period of Saturday's 3-3 tie.
- Connor LaCouvee (Qualicum Beach, B.C.) was awarded Hockey East Co-Defensive Player of the Week honors for his efforts, making 64 saves for a .941 save percentage and a 1.87 goals against average.
- Ahti Oksanen (Kirkkonummi, Finland) is currently riding a six-game point streak, and five-game goal streak, with six goals and three assists for nine points during that stretch, dating back to Oct. 30. He also has two game-winning goals in those contests.
No. 13 Merrimack vs. UMass - Sat. 11/21 at MC
- Merrimack got the best of UMass last Friday, 4-2, at the Mullins Center before tying UNH at home Saturday. The Warriors sit tied for third in Hockey East with a 2-1-3 record in league play and are 6-1-3 overall.
- Hampus Gustafsson (Ljungby, Sweden) lead the team with a goal and three assists for four points over the weekend.
- Dennis Kravchenko (Laguna Niguel, Calif.) had two assists for the Minutemen over the weekend and now has scored a point in three straight games. He sits second in the nation with 17 points on seven goals and 10 assists.
- UMass also drew with Vermont last weekend, 3-3, with a late-game rally at Gutterson Fieldhouse. Ray Pigozzi (Evanston, Ill.) led the offense for UMass with a goal and assist, and marking the fourth straight game in which he has registered a point. New Hampshire vs. UMass/vs. Boston College/vs. Rensselaer - Fri. 11/20, Sat. 11/21 at UNH, Tues. 11/24 at RPI
- New Hampshire played one game last weekend tying Merrimack, 3-3. Andrew Poturalski (Williamsville, N.Y.) and Tyler Kelleher (Longmeadow, Mass.) continued their offensive outbursts to start 2015-16 and sit at or near the top of the nation in scoring.
- Kelleher had a goal and two assists against the Warriors and is now the NCAA leader in points (18) and assists (13). Poturalski also had a goal and an assist and is tied for third in the nation with 16 points. This marks the fifth multi-assist game for Kelleher and Poturalski is now tied for first in Hockey East goal scoring with four markers.
Vermont vs. Maine - Fri. 11/20, Sat. 11/21 at Maine
- Vermont was able to beat UConn, 2-1, on Friday night and tied UMass, 3-3, on Sunday despite throwing a season-high 44 shots on the Minutemen goal.
- Catamount captain Yvan Pattyn (St. Anne, Man.) registered two assists in Sunday's 3-3 draw.
- Dan Senkbeil (Fremont, Calif.) picked up the game -winning goal against UConn and now leads Hockey East with two game-winning strikes in league play.
- Maine was swept by UMass Lowell last weekend, 2-1, on Friday night and 6-0 on Sunday. Will Merchant (Eagan, Minn.) scored the lone Black Bears' goal over the weekend.
- Maine ranks third Hockey East Penalty kill percentage with a 90.9%, behind Notre Dame and Boston College.