Boston College at #5 Notre Dame
- Boston College finished the first half of the season without a loss in its last four games, posting a 3-0-1 record in that span and going 6-1-2 in its last nine. The Eagles look to earn their third straight victory and first against a non-conference opponent since November 13, 2016 when they travel to old rival #5 Notre Dame.
- Jerry York's squad holds a 22-19-2 all-time record against the Irish. Their last meeting came in front of a sold out crowd at Conte Forum on January 28, 2017, with the Eagles skating away with a 6-4 victory.
- In their last series before the break, the Eagles took both games of a home and home series with UConn. Julius Mattila (Tampere, Finland) lead the offensive charge in the two meetings, posting five points on three goals and two assists. Four of his points (3g, 1a) came in Thursday's shutout victory and was a career high for the junior. The forward earned Hockey East Player of the Week honors for his play.
#11 Northeastern vs. RPI, Alabama Huntsville
- Northeastern kicks off the second half with its second road trip of the year to Burlington, Vermont, this time for the Catamount Cup. The Huskies take on RPI and Alabama Huntsville in non-conference action at Gutterson Fieldhouse without Tyler Madden (Deerfield Beach, Fla.) and Cayden Primeau (Voorhees, N.J.) who are competing with Team USA at the World Junior Championship.
- The Huskies closed out the first half of the season riding a six-game win streak, posting 29 goals across that span. Madden tallied 10 points (3g, 10a) in five of those six games, including four in his most recent victory over Merrimack, earning Pro Ambitions Rookie of the Week accolades.
#10 Providence vs. Brown, at Dartmouth
- Providence concludes the 2018 calendar year in Hanover, New Hampshire for the Ledyard Bank Classic, set to take on Brown and host Dartmouth. The Friars welcome two new additions to the roster, adding Marblehead, Massachusetts natives Kyle Koopman and Matt Koopman to their roster.
- The Friars closed out the first half with a 6-0 victory over Merrimack in league action. Hayden Hawkey (Parker, Colo.) turned away 20 shots in the win en route to earning his fourth shutout of the season, tied for most among all NCAA goaltenders on the season. Merrimack vs. #8 Denver, vs. Colorado College
- The Warriors hope to snap a six-game winless streak as they start the second half of the season playing host to Denver and Colorado College. Merrimack square off with the same two programs at this time last year, going 1-1-0 as they traveled west. The Warriors defeated Denver, 3-2, before dropping a 2-1 decision at Colorado College.
Maine at Princeton
- Maine is back on the road at after wrapping up the first half of the season with a trip to Plymouth, Michigan to face USA Hockey's National Team Development Program in exhibition play. The Black Bears fell, 6-4, and finished the first half with a 5-7-2 overall record.
- The Black Bears open the second half of 2018-19 with two games against non-conference opponent Princeton. The two teams have met 13 times since the inaugural meeting at Alfond Arena during the 1977-78 season. Maine holds an 8-5-0 advantage in the series, including a win in the most recent meeting during the 2015-16 season.
Vermont vs. Alabama Huntsville, RPI
- Vermont plays host to Alabama Huntsville, RPI and Northeastern in the 22nd iteration Catamount Cup to start off the second half of the season. The Catamounts face the Chargers and Engineers as they look to improve on their all-time record of 18-7-1 in the tournament with Kevin Sneddon at the helm.
- The Catamounts concluded the first half of the season with a two-game road trip to Colorado College, splitting the series with the Tigers. They fell, 5-2, in the first meeting before bouncing back to take game two, 2-1. Stefanos Lekkas (Elburn, Ill.) was impressive in net for Vermont, turning away 84 of 89 shots faced on the weekend. The junior tied his career-high save total when he turned away 48 attempts in the 2-1 victory. The goaltender earned Defensive Player of the Week Honors for his efforts, marking the second time he has received the award this season.
UMass Lowell vs. #8 Denver
- UMass Lowell takes on Denver in non-conference play to close out the 2018 calendar year. The meeting marks only the 11th time that the two teams have hit the ice together, with the Pioneers holding an 8-2-0 advantage. In their last meeting on October 19, 2012, the River Hawks fell, 5-1, on the road.
- Sophomore Charlie Levesque (Russell, Ont.) has notched points in each of his last two games after posting two goals and an assist in a weekend split with Boston University in Hockey East play on December 7-8. The forward has posted at least a point in eight of his team's 16 games this season.
New Hampshire vs. Bentley
- The Wildcats earned their first back-to-back wins of the year as they entered semester break, taking both games of a home-and-home series with Dartmouth December 7-8. They defeated the Big Green by a one-goal decision, 3-2, in their first meeting, before shutting them out, 4-0, in game two. The victory marked the first career shutout for sophomore goaltender Mike Robinson (Bedford, N.H.).
- New Hampshire will host Bentley on Saturday to wrap up play in 2018. This marks only the third meeting between the two teams, with the series currently tied 1-1-0.
UConn at #18 Yale
- UConn looks to end a seven-game slide as they get the second half of the season underway as the Huskies play host to #18 Yale on Monday. This will mark the second meeting for the two teams this season, but the first on U.S. soil. Their first clash came in the form of a 6-3 UConn loss at the Friendship Four Tournament in Belfast, Northern Ireland on November 24.
- In their last game of the first half, the Huskies comeback effort came up short in a 3-2 loss to Boston College. Tomáš Vomáčka (Trutnov, Czech Republic) recorded 29 saves in the effort.