CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - The No. 10 Boston College women's hockey team got goals from three different players and 35 saves from Maddy McArthur in a 3-1 victory over UConn on Saturday afternoon at Kelley Rink.
Olivia Finocchiaro scored her first goal of the season while linemates Kelly Browne and Savannah Norcross both found the back of the net for the Eagles. Norcross and Browne ended up with two points each while Cayla Barnes picked up an assist for her 50th career point. Hadley Hartmetz and Alexie Guay also picked up helpers on the afternoon.
McArthur's 35-save performance included a 14-save third period for BC. On the other end, starter Tia Chan finished with 24 saves while Samantha Carpentier-Yelle had two saves in a brief relief appearance.
The Eagles went 1-for-5 on the power play while UConn went 0-for-4. UConn had the 36-29 lead in shots on goal in the game.
No. 10 Boston College 3, UConn 1
Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020 | 2:00 p.m.
Kelley Rink | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
1st, 8:43 | 1-0, BC GOAL: Browne worked the puck up to the right point to Barnes and Barnes fed it across the blue line to Hartmetz. Hartmetz took a one-timer that Finocchiaro tipped just past the toe of Chan.
2nd, 12:21 | 2-0, BC GOAL: Browne blocked a shot in the defensive zone and fed Norcross up the left wing. Norcross cut across at the top of the circles, dropped a pass for Browne and then finished the return at the right hash marks.
2nd, 14:15 | 3-0, BC GOAL: Guay sent a long pass to the neutral zone and Norcross touched it to the center of the ice. Browne skated on to it, surged through two defenders and flicked a shot through the five-hole.
3rd, 2:26 | 3-1, UCONN GOAL: Viki Harkness carried the puck into the zone and along the left wing before slipping a pass back to the bottom of the circle that Savannah Bouzide snapped home.
- BC now holds a 40-19-10 mark in the all-time series with UConn ... the Eagles have a mark of 23-9-2 at Kelley Rink ... head coach Katie Crowley is now 33-7-7 in her career against the Huskies.
- Savannah Norcross and Kelly Browne each extended their point streaks to six games.
- Olivia Finocchiaro picked up her first goal of the season ... it was her second career goal against UConn.
- Hadley Hartmetz extended her career-long point streak to four games.
- Twelve current Eagles have now registered at least one point against UConn.
- BC now has 10 different goal scorers through the first six games of the season.
- Browne led the Eagles with a game-high seven shots on goal ... Browne had a team-leading 14 wind at the face-off dot.
Boston College: 4-2-0