NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. -The Merrimack women's ice hockey team earned a point in Friday's contest against the Vermont Catamounts on Friday afternoon, tying 4-4 at Lawler Rink.
Score: Merrimack 4, Vermont 4
Records: Merrimack (2-4-2, 0-4-2 HEAW) | Vermont (2-1-4, 0-1-2 HEAW)
Location: Lawler Rink | North Andover, Mass.
How It Happened
- Merrimack took the lead in the game, with Courtney Maud scoring her second of the season on the power play with six minutes left in the first period.
- Keisha DiCaire potted her first of the year two minutes after Maud's goal for her second point of the night.
- Vermont scored early in the second before DiCare sent a backhanded pass through the defense in the slot for Mikyla Grant-Mentis, who cut against a defender to send a backhanded shot in five hole.
- The Catamounts would score two more in the second and a third to open the third period to take a 3-2 lead.
- Freshman Katie Kaufman scored her first career goal, tying the game at 4-4 for the last goal of the game.
Notes & Numbers
- Junior Kate Bukolska led the team with offensive chances with eight shots and five shots on goal.
- DiCaire had a three point night, while Grant-Mentis and Kaufman both earned a pair of points.
- Goaltenders: Lea-Kristine Demers (26 saves, 1-4-2) // Blanka Skodova (10 saves, 0-0-1)
- Power Plays: 3-3 | 1-4
- Shots on Goal: 15-11 // 22-9 // 10-14 // 7-4 - 24-30
- Faceoffs: 40 // 23
- Blocks: 16 // 13
Merrimack and Vermont will do battle again tomorrow at Lawler Rink, with puck drop for the Hockey East contest at 2 p.m.