CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - The Boston College women's hockey team and the Vermont Catamounts battled to a 2-2 tie on Saturday afternoon at Kelley Rink. Delaney Belinskas scored two goals while Maddy McArthur finished with 30 saves.
Belinskas put BC up 1-0 seven minutes into the first period and then gave the Eagles a 2-0 lead with her fifth goal of the weekend early in the second period. The Catamounts scored late in the middle frame, though, and found the equalizer six minutes into the third. Neither team found the back of the net in overtime.
Vermont had the 32-23 lead in shots on goal while both teams went 0-for-3 on the power play. Blanka Skodova had 21 saves for the visitors.
RV Boston College 2, Vermont 2
Saturday, Jan. 18, 2020 | 2 p.m.
Kelley Rink | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
1st, 7:17 | 1-0, BC GOAL: Hannah Bilka carried the puck down the right circle and drove to her left, backhanding a pass back to the top of the crease for Belinskas to then backhand back across the goal mouth and inside the right post.
2nd, 5:36 | 2-0, BC GOAL: Kelly Browne's face off win popped to the top of the right circle where Belinskas picked it up and carried it up the right wing. As she got to the right face-off dot, she snapped a low slot past Skodova.
2nd, 17:20 | 2-1, UVM GOAL: Lily Humphrey through a long shot on net and the rebound dropped to Corinne McCool to backhand past the left leg of McArthur.
3rd, 6:19 | 2-2, UVM GOAL: Eve-Audrey Picard was able to poke a loose puck to the left side of the high slot and Theresa Schafzahl touched it into space and wristed it over McArthur's shoulder.
- Boston College is now 49-3-4 in the all-time series with Vermont ... the Eagles are unbeaten in the last 34 games ... BC is 38-1-4 against Vermont under head coach Katie Crowley.
- Delaney Belinskas picked up her fifth multi-goal game of the season with her two scores ... Belinskas has a team-leading 13 points on eight goals and five assists against the Catamounts ... Belinskas now leads Eagles in goals with 14.
- Belinskas finishes the weekend series with six points on five goals and one assist.
Kelly Browne registered her team-leading 20th assist of the season ... Browne finished with a game-high 20 face-off wins.
- Hannah Bilka, Browne and Belinskas each registered four shots on goal for the Eagles.
- This marked the first time this season that Cayla Barnes was held without a shot on goal ... Savannah Norcross (24 games) and Bilka (22 games) have both registered at least a shot on goal in every contest they have skated in this season.
- Maddy McArthur remains unbeaten against the Catamounts at 3-0-1.
Vermont: 9-10-6, 6-8-4 HEA
Boston College: 12-9-3, 11-7-2 HEA
Boston College will play a home-and-home series with Providence next weekend, hosting the Friars on Friday, Jan. 24 at 2 p.m. before traveling to Schneider Arena for a 2 p.m. puck drop on Saturday, Jan. 25.