CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - Behind a hat trick from Delaney Belinskas and a game-winning goal from Savannah Norcross with less than two minutes to play, the Boston College women's hockey team completed a two-goal deficit comeback for a 7-5 win over Vermont on Friday night at Kelley Rink. Belinskas finished with four points on three goals and one assist while Kelly Browne had four points on three assists and a score.
Belinskas potted her first just 43 seconds into the game but two Vermont goals gave the visitors a 2-1 lead at the first intermission. The two teams then erupted for six goals in the middle frame, with the Catamounts taking a 5-3 lead with two minutes to play. Lindsay Agnew, though, pulled a goal back with 40 seconds in the period to kick off a streak of four unanswered goals for the Eagles.
BC evened things up with the Belinskas hat trick midway through the third, and then Norcross potted the game winner with less than two to play. Hannah Bilka found the empty net in the final minute.
BC had a 34-26 lead in shots on goal while UVM went 2-for-2 on the power play and BC went 0-for-2. Kelly Pickreign made 21 saves in the win while Blanka Skodova had 27 saves for UVM.
RV Boston College 7, Vermont 5
Friday, Jan. 17, 2020 | 6 p.m.
Kelley Rink | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
- 1st, 0:43 | 1-0, BC GOAL: Alexie Guay started a breakout from the right circle, finding Bilka on the far boards. Bilka was able to touch the puck to herself past the defender and break in with Belinskas before centering a pass back from Belinskas to put home from the top of the crease.
- 1st, 3:41 | 1-1, UVM GOAL: After Pickreign made the initial save on wrist shot from Eve-Audrey Picard, Corinne McCool capitalized on the rebound and put the puck home from the hash marks.
- 1st, 14:58 | 1-2, UVM GOAL: Val Caldwell carried the puck over the blue line and wristed a shot inside the post as she hit the face-off dot.
- 2nd, 6:22 | 2-2, BC GOAL: Browne picked off a breakout attempt in the high slot and walked in on Skodova before finishing up high.
- 2nd, 7:45 | 2-3, UVM GOAL: On the power play, Sara Levesque hit Maude Poulin-Labelle with a pass as she floated into the left circle, and Poulin-Labelle wristed a shot to the far post.
- 2nd, 8:55 | 3-3, BC GOAL: Browne's shot from the bottom of the circle popped out to the high crease and Belinskas was there to flick it up over Skodova's left pad.
- 2nd, 15:18 | 3-4, UVM GOAL: Theresa Schafzahl carried the puck over the center of the blue line and slide a pass to the right side of the slot where Kristina Shanahan beat Pickreign with a wrist shot.
- 2nd, 18:08 | 3-5, UVM GOAL: From the right point, Anna Erickson wristed a shot that was off target but redirected inside the left post by Shanahan.
- 2nd, 19:19 | 4-5, BC GOAL: Pressure from Maegan Beres forced a UVM defender to lose the puck to Agnew, and the senior picked it up at the top of the circle and wristed it inside the far post from the left dot.
- 3rd, 9:14 | 5-5, BC GOAL: Browne blocked a shot at the hash marks and alertly found Belinskas streaking up the ice. Belinskas was able to wrist her shot through Skodova's legs for the hat trick.
- 3rd, 18:06 | 6-5, BC GOAL: Norcross carried a pass from Caroline DiFiore over the blue line and past three defenders before muscling a shot from 10 feet out through Skodova.
- 3rd, 19:18 | 7-5, BC GOAL: After a few blocked shots on attempts, Hannah Bilka pushed home a loose puck at the top of the crease into the empty net.
- Boston College is now 49-3-3 in the all-time series with Vermont ... BC has won the last 25 meetings ... the Eagles are unbeaten in the last 34 games ... BC is 38-1-4 against Vermont under head coach Katie Crowley.
- Delaney Belinskas picked up her fourth multi-goal game of the season, her third career hat trick and her fourth career four-point game ... Belinskas now has 41 career goals and 41 career assists, making her the 23rd Eagle to join the 40-40 club.
- Belinskas has a team-leading 11 points on six goals and five assists against the Catamounts.
- Kelly Browne's four-point night on one goal and three assists tied her career-high ... it was Browne's fifth career multi-assist game, third career four-point game and 12th career multi-point game.
- Hannah Bilka's three point night on one goal and two assists marked her eighth career multi-point game.
- Savannah Norcross scored her team-leading fourth game-winning goal of the season.
- Ten different Eagles found the box score ... Maegan Beres, Hadley Hartmetz, Alexie Guay, Olivia Finocchiaro, and Caroline DiFiore picked up assists.
- Tonight marked the 100th career game for Willow Corson and Beres.
Vermont: 9-10-5, 6-8-3 HEA
Boston College: 12-9-2, 11-7-1 HEA
Boston College and Vermont will close out the regular season series tomorrow afternoon with a 2 p.m. game at Kelley Rink. There will be a post-game autograph session with the Eagles.