CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - Eight different players found the back of the net while Molly Barrow made 19 saves as the Boston College women's hockey team topped Holy Cross, 8-3, on Friday night at Kelley Rink. Alexie Guay, Hadley Hartmetz and Hannah Bilka each recorded three points while Deirdre Mullowney scored her first career goal.
The Eagles jumped out to a 1-0 lead just over two minutes into the game and had a 3-0 edge at the first intermission. A four-goal second period gave BC a commanding 7-0 lead heading into the third period. In the final frame, Holy Cross would pot three goals to BC's one, but the Eagles owned the final 8-3 edge.
Barrow earned her first win of the season while Jada Brenon made 19 stops before giving way to Julia Pelletier, who made 10 saves. Both teams went 1-for-3 on the power play while BC had the 37-22 lead in shots on goal.
Boston College 8, Holy Cross 3
Friday, Jan. 31, 2020 | 6 p.m.
Kelley Rink | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
1st, 2:14 | 1-0, BC GOAL: Savannah Norcross worked across the offensive zone, turning back up the boards to feed Hartmetz at the point. Hartmetz then floated into the left circle and wristed a shot between the left post and Brenon.
1st, 15:42 | 2-0, BC GOAL: Guay's long wrister went left of the post but bounced off the backboards and back past the goal line where Norcross was able to push it into the net through traffic.
1st, 16:49 | 3-0, BC GOAL: Cayla Barnes won the puck in the corner and Bilka carried it back up the boards towards the blue line before sending a pass across to Mullowney for a one-timer that beat Brenon's glove.
2nd, 8:23 | 4-0, BC GOAL: Bilka's long pass out of the zone found Delaney Belinskas in the neutral zone. Belinskas touched the puck to herself up the right wing, past a defender, and the senior skated in alone on goal for a top-shelf snap shot.
2nd, 12:34 | 5-0, BC GOAL: On the power play, Hartmetz fed Barnes up the right wing and the defender skated the length of the ice before wristing a puck towards goal, with Olivia Finocchiaro putting home the rebound at the top of the crease.
2nd, 16:50 | 6-0, BC GOAL: Guay stood up a breakout attempt on the halfwall and then took a touch pass from Bilka towards goal before centering a pass to Kelly Browne at the hashmarks for a quick one-timer inside the near post.
2nd, 19:45 | 7-0, BC GOAL: Coming off the right side of the zone, Bridget McCarthy's wrister from the right dot was saved but then trickled over the goal line.
3rd, 3:40 | 7-1, HC GOAL: Kailey Langefels wristed a shot from the top of the point that beat Barrow inside the left post on the glove side.
3rd, 9:02 | 8-1, BC GOAL: Coming down the right side of the zone, Belinskas wristed a hard shot that Pelletier got a piece of but Maegan Beres crashed and pushes the rebound home on the goal line.
3rd, 14:47 | 8-2, HC GOAL: On the power play, Carlie Magier potted a rebound near the mouth of the goal.
3rd, 16:19 | 8-3, HC GOAL: Emma Lange turned off a defender for space and then fro the high slot placed her wrist shot inside the right post, under the crossbar.
- BC is 6-0-0 in the all-time series with a mark of 3-0-0 at the Hart Center and 3-0-0 at Kelley Rink ... head coach Katie Crowley is 6-0-0 against Holy Cross.
- Eight different Eagles found the back of the net ... this marks the first time since at least the 1998-99 season that BC has had eight different goal scorers in a game ... this marks the most goal scorers for BC in a game since the Eagles had seven players score in a 9-1 win over Providence on Nov. 25, 2015.
- BC had 13 different players record a point on the night.
- In her second career start, Molly Barrow earned her second career win ... both of Barrow's wins have come against the Crusaders ... the senior made a career-high 19 saves on the night.
- All three of BC's goaltenders now have at least one win on the season, making it the only Hockey East school to have three goaltenders with at least one win.
- Alexie Guay's three points on three assists marked a career-high ... it was her fourth multi-point game of the season ... Guay's three helpers marked the first such game for a BC defender since Kali Flanagan '19 recorded three assists against Holy Cross on Feb. 1, 2019.
- Hadley Hartmetz registered a career-high three points on one goal and two assists ... Hartmetz now has two multi-point games, with both coming against Holy Cross.
- This marked Hannah Bilka's 10th multi-point game of the season with her three assists ... Bilka now has eight career points against Holy Cross with five goals and three assists.
- With her one goal and one assist, Kelly Browne now has a team-leading 14 points in games against the Crusaders with six goals and eight assists.
- Deirdre Mullowney scored her first career goal in the first period.
- Abby Volo earned her first career point with an assist on BC's seventh goal of the game ... all 18 of BC's skaters now have at least one point on the year.
- Savannah Norcross potted her team-leading fourth game-winning goal of the season.
Holy Cross: 3-20-4, 3-17-1 HEA
Boston College: 14-10-3, 13-8-2 HEA
Boston College will now turn its focus to the first round of the Beanpot. The Eagles will face Boston University on Tuesday, Feb. 4 in an 8 p.m. game at the Walter Brown Arena.