BOSTON, Mass. - Redshirt junior Sammy Davis notched her fourth goal of the season and sophomore Corinne Schroeder made 31 saves to help the Boston University women's ice hockey team earn a 1-1 tie against UConn on Friday night at Walter Brown Arena.
BU (1-1-3, 1-1-3 WHEA) pushed its unbeaten streak to four games with its third tie in the last four contests while UConn moved to 4-1-1 overall and 2-1-1 in Hockey East
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Davis put BU up 1-0 at 14:09 of the first period. Sophomore Jesse Compher passed the puck up the ice to Davis, who skated into the left faceoff circle and fired the puck past goaltender Morgan Fisher (40 saves).
- The Terriers' solid defense and key saves from Schroeder (31 saves) kept the score in BU's favor for a majority of the second frame.
- Morgan Wabick evened the score 21 seconds into a UConn power play at the 14:59 mark of the middle stanza.
- BU drew a penalty with 1:10 remaining in the second period and was able to kill it off along with two others in the third period, ultimately going 3-for-4 on the penalty kill.
- Schroeder made 11 saves over the final 20 minutes to keep the score even.
- The Terriers put up seven shots on goal in overtime, including a flurry in the final seconds, but were unable to get the go-ahead goal.
- Davis has now scored three goals in two games after tallying twice last Saturday against UNH.
- BU outshot UConn, 41-32, with defenders Abby Cook and Reagan Rust putting up five apiece.
- Compher collected her fourth assist of the season with the primary helper on Davis' marker. She currently leads the team in assists (4) and points (6).
- Senior defender Connor Galway also picked up an assist on Davis' goal, her first point of the season.
- BU has only mustered one power play chance in each of its last three tilts.
NEXT UP: MAINE
- BU will stay at home to host Maine as Family & Friends Weekend continues with Military Appreciation Day at Walter Brown Arena.
- Puck drop is scheduled for 4 p.m.