|1st||10:41||PRN||1-0||EV||Carly Bullock (3)||Karlie Lund/2, Stephanie Sucharda/1|
|2nd||7:36||PRN||2-0||PP||Keiko DeClerck (1)||Kiersten Falck/1, Julia Edgar/1|
|2nd||14:27||PRV||1-2||EV||Cassidy MacPherson (1)||Christina Putigna/8, Brooke Boquist/2|
|3rd||7:47||PRV||2-2||EV GT||Cassidy MacPherson (2)||Chloe Gonsalves/2|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||OT||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Madison Myers (T, 4-2-2)||64:41||2||14||11||4||1||30|
|Steph Neatby (T, 0-0-2)||64:57||2||12||9||11||5||37|
PRINCETON, N.J. - The Providence College women's ice hockey team tied the Princeton Tigers, 2-2, on Saturday afternoon at Hobey Baker Rink in Princeton, N.J. Cassidy MacPherson (Oakville, Ontario) scored both goals in the tie, which is the Friars' second in as many days.
Providence - 2 | Princeton - 2
Providence: 4-2-2 (1-0-0 HE) | Princeton: 0-0-2 (0-0-0 ECAC)
Hobey Baker Rink - Princeton, N.J.
GAME FLOW & NOTES
- Princeton's Carly Bullock scored the first goal of the game for the second consecutive day. Karlie Lund made a pass to Bullock who was alone in front, shifted to the backhand and scored over the pad of Madison Myers (Colchester, Vt).
- Both teams had power plays in the final minutes of the first frame, but neither team could convert.
- Myers made 14 first-period saves while Princeton's Stephanie Neatby made 12.
- Princeton was able to double its lead with a goal on the 5x3 advantage in the second period. Keiko DeClerck scored on a scramble in front to make it 2-0. Kiersten Falck and Julia Edgar earned assists.
- Cassidy MacPherson scored her first goal of the season to cut the lead to 2-1. She skated off the boards, through two defenders and ripped a wrist shot into the top corner with 5:33 left in the second. Christina Putigna (Grimsby, Ontario) picked up her eighth assist of the season while Kate Friesen (Altona, Manitoba) notched her fourth.
- MacPherson struck again at the 7:47 mark of the third period. Chloe Gonsalves (Toronto, Ontario) took a shot from the blue line that MacPherson tipped over Neatby's shoulder.
- The Friars outshot the Tigers 5-1 in the overtime frame.
- Providence was a combined 0/10 on the power play this weekend.
HOW THEY SCORED
1-0 (Princeton) - 10:41/1st - EV - Carly Bullock, assisted by Karlie Lund and Stephanie Sucharda - Cross-ice pass from Lund, backhand finish in front of goal
2-0 (Princeton) - 7:36/2nd - PP (5x3) - Keiko DeClerck, assisted by Keirsten Falck and Julia Edgar - Scramble in front, rebound goal
2-1 (Providence) - 14:27/2nd - EV - Cassidy MacPherson, assisted by Christina Putigna and Kate Friesen - Wrist shot from the slot
2-2 (Providence) - 7:47/3rd - EV - Cassidy MacPherson, assisted by Chloe Gonsalves - Shot from Gonsalves at the point, tipped in front by MacPherson
Providence: Madison Myers, 4-2-2: 30 saves, 2 goals against
Princeton: Stephanie Neatby, 0-0-2: 37 saves, 2 goals against
Face-off percentage: 49.2% (29/59)
Power plays: 0-5 (0%)
Penalty kill: 3-4 (75%)
Face-off percentage: 50.8% (30/59)
Power plays: 1-4 (25%)
Penalty kill: 5-5 (100%)
PC GAME HIGHS
Shots: Brooke Boquist (6)
Goals: Cassidy MacPherson (2)
Assists: Three different players (1)
The Friars return to Hockey East play for a home-and-home series with Northeastern next weekend. At 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, Northeastern comes to Schneider Arena for the Friars' annual Skating Strides game. On Sunday, Providence travels to Matthews Arena for a 2:00 p.m. game.