|1st||7:07||PRN||1-0||EV||Carly Bullock (1)||Annie MacDonald/1, Kimiko Marinacci/1|
|1st||12:49||PRV||1-1||SH||Christina Putigna (3)||-|
|2nd||0:58||PRN||2-1||EV||Carly Bullock (2)||Karlie Lund/1, MacKenzie Ebel/1|
|3rd||9:19||PRV||2-2||EV GT||Whitney Dove (3)||Cassidy MacPherson/5, Blair Parent/1|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||OT||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Madison Myers (T, 4-2-1)||65:00||2||6||15||6||2||29|
|Steph Neatby (T, 0-0-1)||65:00||2||4||9||16||4||33|
PRINCETON, N.J. - The Providence College women's ice hockey team tied the Princeton Tigers, 2-2, on Friday night at Hobey Baker Rink in Princeton, N.J.
Providence - 2 | Princeton - 2
Providence: 4-2-1 (1-0-0 HE) | Princeton: 0-0-1 (0-0-0 ECAC)
Hobey Baker Rink - Princeton, N.J.
GAME FLOW & NOTES
- Princeton's Carly Bullock struck first at the 7:07 mark of the first period. She stickhandled through the slot and was able to beat Madison Myers (Colchester, Vt) on the backhand.
- Christina Putigna (Grimsby, Ontario) leveled the score about five minutes later. She picked up a turnover near the blue line, skated in on goal and scored on the backhand. The unassisted, short-handed goal was her third of the season. It was also the first goal the Friars have scored on the penalty kill this season.
- Bullock scored her second of the game just 58 seconds into the second frame. She picked up the loose puck following a scramble in front of the net and was able to fire it home.
- The Friars had multiple good chances, including bids from Cassidy MacPherson (Oakville, Ontario) and Brooke Boquist (Thunder Bay, Ontario), in front of goal near the midway point of the second.
- Providence had about a minute and a half of 5x3 action early in the third period, but was unable to capitalize. Stephanie Neatby made several key saves for Princeton on the kill.
- Whitney Dove (Port Moody, British Columbia) tallied the equalizer for the Friars 9:19 into the third period. Her shot from the right point took a deflection in front and found the back of the net. MacPherson and Blair Parent (Blaine, Minn.) picked up the assists on the play.
- MacPherson's assist marked her fifth of the season. She has picked up assists in each of the last three games.
- The game was the Friars' second consecutive overtime contest and first tie of the season.
HOW THEY SCORED
1-0 (Princeton) - 7:07/1st - EV - Carly Bullock, assisted by Annie MacDonald and Kimiko Marinacci - Stickhandled through the slot and scored on the backhand
1-1 (Providence) - 12:49/1st - SH - Christina Putigna - Skated in from blue line and scored on the backhand
2-1 (Princeton) - 0:58/2nd - EV - Carly Bullock, assisted by Karlie Lund and MacKenzie Ebel - Rebound goal on a scramble in front
2-2 (Providence) - 9:19/3rd - EV - Whitney Dove, assisted by Cassidy MacPherson and Blair Parent - Shot from the right point
Providence: Madison Myers, 4-2-1: 29 saves, 2 goals against
Princeton: Stephanie Neatby, 0-0-1: 33 saves, 2 goals against
Face-off percentage: 54.5% (36/66)
Power plays: 0-5 (0%)
Penalty kill: 4-4 (0%)
Face-off percentage: 45.5% (30/66)
Power plays: 0-4 (0%)
Penalty kill: 5-5 (100%)
PC GAME HIGHS
Shots: Brooke Boquist (11)
Goals: Christina Putigna and Whitney Dove (1)
Assists: Cassidy MacPherson and Blair Parent (1)
The Friars continue the series at Princeton's Hobey Baker Rink with a game tomorrow (Oct. 21) at 3:00 p.m.