|1st||14:09||MNE||1-0||PP||Michelle Weis (3)||Brooke Stacey/5, Tereza Vanišová/14|
|1st||19:08||PRV||1-1||EV||Maureen Murphy (5)||Cassidy MacPherson/8, Rachel Rockwell/5|
|3rd||7:42||PRV||2-1||PP||Maureen Murphy (6)||Brooke Boquist/4, Avery Fransoo/6|
|3rd||11:54||MNE||2-2||PP GT||Michelle Weis (4)||Tereza Vanišová/15, Alyson Matteau/4|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||OT||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Madison Myers (T, 6-3-3)||65:00||2||8||4||7||0||19|
|Carly Jackson (T, 5-4-1)||65:00||2||5||17||9||5||36|
ORONO, Maine - The No. 9/10 Providence College women's hockey team played to a 2-2 draw with the University of Maine on Friday night (Nov. 10) at Alfond Arena.
No. 9/10 Providence - 2 | Maine - 2
Providence: 6-3-3 (3-1-1 HE) | Maine: 7-5-1 (2-2-1 HE)
Alfond Arena - Orono, Maine
GAME FLOW & NOTES
- Maine got on the board first with a power play goal 14:09 into the game. Brooke Stacey fed a pass to Michelle Weis, who shifted to the backhand and scored from in front. Tereza Vanisova picked up the secondary assist on Weis' third tally of the year.
- Maureen Murphy (Buffalo, N.Y.) leveled the score with under a minute remaining in the first period. She streaked off the right boards and ripped a wrist shot over the shoulder of Carly Jackson. Cassidy MacPherson (Oakville, Ontario) and Rachel Rockwell (Broadview Heights, Ohio) notched assists on Murphy's fifth of the year.
- Murphy has now scored in three of the Friars' last four games.
- The Friars outshot the Black Bears 17-4 in the second period.
- Carly Jackson made 17 second-period saves, including an impressive sliding stop on Meaghan Rickard (Coventry, R.I.) in the final seconds of the frame.
- Both teams had chances hit the post early in the third frame. MacPherson was the Friar with the bid that was denied by the iron.
- Murphy scored her second of the game with 12:18 to go in regulation. Her power-play goal was assisted by Brooke Boquist (Thunder Bay, Ontario) and Avery Fransoo (North Battleford, Saskatchewan).
- The Friars outshot the Black Bears 5-0 in the overtime period, but were unable to find a game-winner.
- Madison Myers (Colchester, Vt) made 19 saves for the Friars. At the other end, Carly Jackson made 36 saves for the Black Bears.
HOW THEY SCORED
1-0 (Maine) - 14:09/1st - PP - Michelle Weis, assisted by Brooke Stacey and Tereza Vanisova - Backhand shot in front
1-1 (Providence) - 19:08/1st - EV - Maureen Murphy, assisted by Cassidy MacPherson and Rachel Rockwell - Wrist shot, bar-down
2-1 (Providence) - 7:42/3rd - PP - Maureen Murphy, assisted by Brooke Boquist and Avery Fransoo - Poked in from in front
2-2 (Maine) - 11:54/3rd - PP - Michelle Weis, assisted by Tereza Vanisova and Alyson Matteau - Wrist shot from the right circle
Providence: Madison Myers, 6-3-3: 19 saves, 2 goals against
Maine: Carly Jackson, 5-4-1: 36 saves, 2 goals against
Face-off percentage: 60.0% (34/63)
Power plays: 1-3 (33.3%)
Penalty kill: 5-7 (71.4%)
Face-off percentage: 46.0% (29/63)
Power plays: 2-7 (28.6%)
Penalty kill: 2-3 (66.6%)